• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Intake Manifold Removal

EcoGC

Mar 23, 2020
Truck Year
Also, why would I continue to have issues with the OEM Manifold, now that my EGR is deleted, catch can installed, and the manifold is brand new?

Foxracingx02

Sep 13, 2019
Truck Year
Wow..... Yeah their prices are unreal. I bought a eBay 3in universal piping kit and a universal intercooler and made everything myself, so I replaced all the stock components, and made my own turbo neck connector that goes to the factory aluminum elbow and same on manifold

Foxracingx02

Sep 13, 2019
Truck Year
Well I modified my manifold removed the swirl valves and just had issues with it sealing. It's the catch can throwing a code or limp mode?

EcoGC

Mar 23, 2020
Truck Year
Nope, MRTuning shut off the CCV flow sensor and P04db code with it. I noticed in your pic of the modified OEM manifold, that you didn't replace the little bridges between the cylinders that hold down the swirl valve shaft. Maybe that was your sealing issue?

EcoGC

Mar 23, 2020
Truck Year
I would have been ok paying the $625 if everything were perfect and actually "Fabricated". instead Im stuck with a pile of 3" ebay tubing, and a bunch of silicone couplers I can't use.

Foxracingx02

Sep 13, 2019
Truck Year
That's sucks man, I had sealing issues because I removed the swirl valve motor, and the egr tube plate bolts backed out

HoustonEcoDiesel

Dec 9, 2020
Truck Year
I’m about to tackle this project myself after a diesel shop quoted me nearly $5000 due to the difficulty of a glow plug being in the way. Has anybody else had any issues with the glow plugs needing to be removed or breaking when you remove the manifold?

67_Valiant

Feb 9, 2020
Truck Year
The intake can be removed without taking the glow plugs out. You also have a much better chance of getting the glow plugs out cleanly with the intake out. You will need to remove the low-pressure fuel return lines, a couple high-pressure lines and move the engine wire harness to one side. I also found it easier to get the back bolts out with the turbo elbow removed (2 allen-headed bolts hold it in). Last time I did it, it took a couple hours to get the intake out... and I was taking my time.