• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Intake manifold

pare316

Mar 28, 2023
Truck Year
My intake manifold is throwing engine codes, what's best way to do this if I get a banks does it just bolt up to all factory stuff of best to get oem? Also with oem can a person take out the swirl things that create this issue?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
No ,The banks will need tuning, also the plenum did not cause your problem, it was the EGR system

DATA

Jul 8, 2021
Truck Year
No ,The banks will need tuning, also the plenum did not cause your problem, it was the EGR system
Good morning. So if a guy turns the EGR off that will considerably help the longevity of this engine.?

Green Diesel

Nov 17, 2015
Truck Year
How is Banks still allowed to sell an intake that deletes emissions? Rules change based on how much one greases the government?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
How is Banks still allowed to sell an intake that deletes emissions? Rules change based on how much one greases the government?

You know Keith ,I've ask myself that question also..What's your take its NOT consider AECD? by the EPA.

Green Diesel

Nov 17, 2015
Truck Year
You know Keith ,I've ask myself that question also..What's your take its NOT consider AECD? by the EPA.
The swirl ports are used during FTP75 test cycle. Intake throttle is used on all the EPA test cycles. EGR is also used on FTP75, HWFEC, US06 and SC03 test cycles. Where did your information come from EPA that it is not emission relevant? I would like to see that and take EPA to task.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
O NO Keith, I wanted your take on the AECD, I thought for sure it was AECD compliant needed.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
This is how Banks is getting away with FOR NOW.
  • For Race Applications only, custom tune required. No instructions or support available.
That will work UNTIL the EPA show's up and wants Proof that all the sales are for RACE only, All Race only clubs/competition require a License or certificate, Banks had better have a copy of those in the file in connection with the same Name the intake was sold too...its Only time before that happens.

Green Diesel

Nov 17, 2015
Truck Year
This is how Banks is getting away with FOR NOW.
  • For Race Applications only, custom tune required. No instructions or support available.
That will work UNTIL the EPA show's up and wants Proof that all the sales are for RACE only, All Race only clubs/competition require a License or certificate, Banks had better have a copy of those in the file in connection with the same Name the intake was sold too...its Only time before that happens.
That is the same disclaimer all the tuners used, for off-road racing usage only. It did not stop EPA from going after GDE. At least GDE tunes reduced CO2 by 18%, the rest of the tuners tend to increase emissions as they have no idea what they are doing.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Yep, it won't work, Unless you can prove/proof of Race use only, You can type advertise until the EPA shows up with Subpoenas, that's when the EPA will suck up your Bank account.... Someone does Need to challenge the EPA near Zero requirements because the CAA law DOES NOT specify Zero is required, For example NOx Near (0) is not required for clean air....if that was the case THE EPA needs to stop lighting storms that create More NOx than 27 million Diesels create in 700K miles driving @ WOT.

Green Diesel

Nov 17, 2015
Truck Year
Yep, it won't work, Unless you can prove/proof of Race use only, You can type advertise until the EPA shows up with Subpoenas, that's when the EPA will suck up your Bank account.... Someone does Need to challenge the EPA near Zero requirements because the CAA law DOES NOT specify Zero is required, For example NOx Near (0) is not required for clean air....if that was the case THE EPA needs to stop lighting storms that create More NOx than 27 million Diesels create in 700K miles driving @ WOT.
We met our national NOx targets for air quality way back in 1995 for the 24-hour limit of .053 ppm and 1-hour limit of .1 ppm. All the EPA regulations since that time have further reduced NOx at the cost of raising CO2 about 20%. CO2 is the main driver for climate change...EPA is technically the leading cause of excessive CO2 in the world. Keep in mind, CO2 is a stable compound with half-life of 300 years. NO and NO2 are instable compounds and break down within a few hours, they never accumulate on the planet. Do you know folks with deep pockets that want to help the fight? I have tons of research on emissions. You are correct on the lightning as well, it produces more NOx than the entire automotive sector on a yearly basis.

Last edited:

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I'm going to start a new thread on GDE.