• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Introduce myself

H-Man

Sep 11, 2019
Truck Year
Any buddy figured out what the problem was with the recall (hesitation and drop in fuel mileage)

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
I drove mine for a month until I traded. I did NOT experience the Lag or the loss in MPG, So My guess is driving habits play a big part in MPG. Some drive the ED like a gas Motor and dart drive, So the AEM to meet CAA probably has more TQ mgnt to lower NOx to near 0 PPM.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome! Some people have the change in power/acceleration after recall, others don't. Either tune the truck to override the change or sell it. Really the only options at this point.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Paste and copy

We'll Choices are limited.

1 keep and throw the Nice and hope that snake eyes don't turn up.
2 If its a 2014- 16 hope your AEM warranty 10/120 covers the problems.
3 Tune.
4 Sell or Trade

I traded and Cannot be more relieved the 3.0VM is gone... Until Fiat America wakes up to the facts the 3.0VM in DD use is problematic.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Added , I was strongly against tuning for 3 Years of through Testing (Factory Tuned). You just cannot keep the 3.0VM DD use, W/O tuning or prepare Your wallet $$$$ suck dry.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Tune it or waste half of your life hanging around the dealer