• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Introducing myself

Frank Thomas

Mar 26, 2019
Truck Year
Hi, folks -

Just discovered this forum, though I've owned a 2014 ED for over 4 years now. I'm concerned about the catastrophic engine failure problem. I have 72K km on it now, it's all paid for, and generally working well, so I'd really hate to have the whole thing go to hell on me. Is there some kind of settlement from FCA in the works?

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
welcome yes there is for the usa little over 3000.00 plus warranty read some of the posts and register

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
They are a great truck. The Ford 6.0 diesel had a rough start in life but today it is one of the most desirable engines in dieselland. So what can you do to reduce your risk of a problem? Delete the EGR valve and the EGR cooler. Do that, clean the MAP sensor and the swirl valves, flush the engine block to remove the built up soot, and you should have a great ownership experience in spite of the EPA.

Northern Boy

Apr 4, 2019
They are a great truck. The Ford 6.0 diesel had a rough start in life but today it is one of the most desirable engines in dieselland. So what can you do to reduce your risk of a problem? Delete the EGR valve and the EGR cooler. Do that, clean the MAP sensor and the swirl valves, flush the engine block to remove the built up soot, and you should have a great ownership experience in spite of the EPA.
I have a 2018 Ecodiesel SLT with 43000km. I see the soot build up on diffusor pipe! I assume the soot blown into the block will royally gum up the valves!!!!! What can be done for cleaning the crap out safely? The pip is an easy clean but how to clean the block and valves without doing any serious opening!!!!!!

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
As you will find everywhere on this site, 99% of people come to the conclusion that the EGR valve and the EGR cooler are absolute trash, likely made by the devil to torment us. It causes so many problems on this truck! So my best advice to you is to get a GDE or Sofa King tune for your truck. I don't say PPEI because for some reason their customer service and product quality has fallen off a cliff.

Don't clean anything but the EGR diffuser and the MAP sensor when installed on the truck. If you want to clean your intake, have it removed first.

You used the word "cheque" so I know you are a Canadian. No recall and settlement for you. And finally, yes, the 2017 and 2018 models are running with the tune we will all receive when we accept the FCA settlement.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Isn't the flashing the dealer did to have 2018's not be part of this change the milage rated on the sticker price now? Do I get rebate or gas Cheque now? just like the Kia Soul of the past??????
USA owners and former owners get a software update and a one time cash payment