• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Is the Exhaust Pressure Sensor in the ecodesiel warranty.

Jim Hubbard

Aug 5, 2019
Truck Year
Is the Exhaust Pressure Sensor covered under the extended ecodesiel warranty? Is it the same as the exhaust manifold pressure sensor?

The dealer seems clueless. They said Chrysler said it wasn’t covered.

Thanks

John

Nov 13, 2015
Yes it's covered. Here's the list of secovered sensors.
Refer your dealer to the document attached to my post.

• Other Sensors That Are Covered
o Oxygen Sensors
o NOx Sensors
o Intake Manifold Pressure Sensor
o Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor
o Fuel/Water Separator Sensor
o Intake Swirl Actuator Sensor
o Engine Camshaft Position Sensor
o Engine Crankshaft Position Sensor
o Particulate Matter Sensor
o Mass Airflow Sensor
o Boost Pressure Sensor
o Crankcase Pressure Sensor
o Exhaust Manifold Pressure Sensor

Attachments

• Long_Form_Notice.pdf
    351.7 KB · Views: 24

Jim Hubbard

Aug 5, 2019
Truck Year
Yes he had this but it was in a plastic sheath and he didn't realize there was a page 2. Duh. Now they are going to call Chrysler. Is there a customer service line to call and find out independently from the dealer? I have the part number, he gave that to me this morning.

Thanks for the info
Jim

Jim Hubbard

Aug 5, 2019
Truck Year
Well I guess there is a difference between an exhaust pressure sensor and an exhaust manifold pressure sensor. I called FCA and they are not covering the Exhaust Pressure Sensor. Customer Service.....not.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Can you get the part number for the sensor they say isn't covered?

John

Nov 13, 2015
I still think it's included.

"The turbocharger system including all related hoses and pipes, all sensors and actuators."

Jim Hubbard

Aug 5, 2019
Truck Year
How do you fight this? Is there an appeal process?
I am sure they will say this is not part of the turbo charger system, bla bla bla….
I will spend 650.00 bucks and never see it again... The dealer gave me this number 1800 992-1997. The is Mopar CS...

Jim Hubbard

Aug 5, 2019
Truck Year
AEM is useless. I had to explain to them the extended warranty. And no part number lookup. I called CS yesterday they said it was denied. My problem.... The customer is in a defenseless position. We are at the mercy of FCA... I am done with FCA products. Really to bad, I like my truck.

Jim Hubbard

Aug 5, 2019
Truck Year
I finally got Isabel at CS to talk to an advocate, who said the part wasn't covered but they would pay for it anyway. FCA needs to get there act together around this issue. There should be part numbers for the covered parts published so we can all understand what these item actually are. As I see it the Exhaust Pressure Sensor and the Exhaust Manifold Pressor Sensor are the same thing. I looked at the parts diagram and the part number they gave me went into a metal tube, then into the EGR system as part of the exhaust manifold. There is no other Exhaust Pressure Sensor on the truck that I could find. This semantic difference makes it very difficult to understand what was covered and what is not covered.

I would like to thank Isabel at CS for helping me. She listen and advocated for my point of view.

John

Nov 13, 2015
You're absolutely right they are the same and covered under the emissions warranty. FCA is clueless sometimes and so are some dealers. I'm glad you got it covered.