• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Issues Lifting a 2021

HomeSlice780

Sep 16, 2021
Truck Year
Excuse my ignorance if this has been discussed before. So I call BDS today (9/22/21) to order my 4" lift kit. When I tell him its an EcoDiesel he says their kits are not recommended for EcoDiesel's. He goes on to explain the kit installs the same and will bolt right up and work as intended, however there is a high probability I will destroy the front drive shaft if I use 4-wheel drive. He explains the transfer case is in a slightly different location on a diesel than on a gasser and the front driveshaft is 5" shorter on diesel. This shorter driver shaft gets put into a compromising angle when you drop the transaxle on the 4" and 6" lift. It essentially stresses out the front drive shaft. He said if I bought the kit and installed it, BDS will not honor their warranty. I have never heard of this and I know people that have BDS lifts on their diesels, but I don't want to second guess it since this came straight from BDS. Thoughts? Advice?