• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Issues trying to do a forced regen

skleeto

Jul 30, 2023
Truck Year
I have a 2016 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman ecodiesel that I am trying to do a forced regen on. I installed a OBDLinkMX+ to diagnose errors, and I paired it with a alfa OBD. When I run through the process, and get ready to start regen, I get an error message (Service not supported in diagnostic session. I've watched several videos on YouTube where they were successful. I followed the exact way but keep getting the error. One person suggested that you cannot start the regen process when there is a engine light on the dash. I have tried to erase the engine code as well with no success. I'm stumped. Anyone else experience what I'm going through? Thanks in advance

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
I don't have an answer but I do know that Alpha will not work if you also have the OBDLink MX+ app open. If you do have that app open, close it and see if that works.

skleeto

Jul 30, 2023
Truck Year
I don't have an answer but I do know that Alpha will not work if you also have the OBDLink MX+ app open. If you do have that app open, close it and see if that works.
Thanks John. I was able to finally get the forced regen to start, only to have the rpm's go up tp 2500 back down to idle after less than 1 minute. The engine temp was above 142F as required. Back to the drawing board. 😞

Jaredeeus

Feb 18, 2022
Truck Year
I have that exact same problem. How did u even get it to do a forced regen for the minute