• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

It all started with a P0191 code.....

SubDoc75

Sep 30, 2019
Truck Year
Here is my EcoDiesel story:

Bought a 2014 Laramie on Sep 20th, 2019. Good price, trusted dealer, Carfax showed all the recalls had been addressed except for the tailgate (no problem there). Truck was originally Canadian, imported to US via Idaho in 2018. Emissions update had been done in May 2019. Just over 90k miles.

1 week after purchase got a P0191. Followed all the advice I could find on this forum (thank you all!). Changed fuel filter (was jet black), cleaned EGR cross over tube, and applied dielectric grease to all related fittings. Cleared the code and it drove fine for another 3 weeks. On 30 Oct, code randomly popped up again on the way to work so I decided I would dig a little deeper when I got home. After work, I was stopped, in park, at idle and the truck just shut off and would not re-start. Engine would turn over, but not fire. First though was LPFP as I couldn't hear it at the filler neck, but was windy outside. Had truck towed to local Dodge dealership and that's where the real fun began.

Initial test of LPFP found good voltage and pressure. They wanted to move to a full diagnostic ($900 quote) since it was no longer under warranty. That's when I called BS and showed them a copy of the extended warranty per the settlement. When they pulled the warranty print-out, it was all screwed up. Half Canadian and half US. Took FCA a full week to correct and grant the extended warranty in the computer. Once they moved forward, found that the HPFP had come apart internally likely sending debris through the fuel rail. Ordered a new HPFP and all 6 injectors. Now in week 3 of the repair, they finally get all the new parts on and there is still an issue. Sent a STAR report and the reply was to replace the HPF sensor. That finally arrived in week 4 and testing was good. First test drive threw a P0191 code then immediately cleared. Back and forth all day totaling 3 test drives and 2 diagnostics resulting in "we think it was a bubble in the fuel line". Finally got my truck back on 27 Nov. Have put approx 1100 miles on it since including 2 mountain pass runs and all seems well.

Fortunately, the extended warranty from the settlement came through as the bill would have been north of $7k parts, labor and rental car. Hopefully now I can finally enjoy the truck as I had hoped when I bought it.

Midnight32

Nov 22, 2019
Truck Year
At least your’s lasted a week before it threw a code. My check engine light was on less than 48 hrs after purchase :rolleyes:.