• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

It just happened to me - 2016 Eco Diesel burst into flames

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
how dafooq do we not have a massive lawsuit about ecod catching on fire........ 1-2 years ago I was reporting this shit and ppl thought i was cray cray, now the forums are literally filled with different owners/threads of fires.......

wtf, makes me think my shit is going up in a ball of flames too :(

I forecasted the 3.0 would have EPA problems back in Later 2015, I mentioned the Lube spec Lube MS11106 was not adequate Mid 2015, I claimed the Plenum /EGR was poorly designed and will cause problems in Long term ownership in DD use. Very few 3.0s survive pass 150K miles in DD use without being tuned/deleted "Really" thats a defeat for a vehicle called "ECO". I mentioned April 2015 to remove the sound foam for safety and health reasons of the 3.0. Late 2015 I mentioned the engine failures will continue until Cento re-organizes and upgraded to modern standard and QC.

Many Eco owners have their head in the sand concerning the inherited risk of ownership of the 3.0. until Eco owners start demanding corrections or take the act I myself and many have of NOT buying the 3.0 Fiat will continue to use Motori 3.0 in its Eco's... I'm Hopeful that the 2020 3.0 works out and the hero-Zero status is eliminated, but it will be 2022 before the evaluation of Status can be answer.

Last edited:

fxclm5

Mar 16, 2018
Truck Year
my mind is going crazy now, i want to say that I was tricked to buy a 17

since they held it back - and supposedly fixed the issues of pre 14-16.......

i bought mine Feb/March 2018 with the 17s supposedly be fixed.....

now we are seeing everyone complain about their aem update which should be the 17/18 tune right? So how will FCA battle the loss of performance issues?

We really need group effort to start tracking the fires and get enough ppl to warranty a lawsuit.... i swear to god i can google and find like 50-100 images already of ecod on fire.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Good luck on that group effort, Many Eco owners are blind to the facts, 1000s of owners believe that 100K miles mean its a good engine LOL. Heck Modern day diesels should go minimum 200K miles with just routine maintenance.

Jon.Silverson

Aug 12, 2019
Truck Year
When I got my 2015 Eco the first thing I did was toss that stupid engine pillow. Along with a GDE tune, engine temps are within normal limits. Thankfully...

fxclm5

Mar 16, 2018
Truck Year
i dont get it, only 8 people reported and now they have started a class action lawsuit for chevy/gmc diesel fuel pumps

why cant we have a class action for ecoD going up in flames? we have over 8 examples already

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
When Duramax owners listen to TC and install Auxiliary/Transfer fuel filtration I have CP4s on My shelf that went over 500K miles, its rare but their life span is equal to CP3s when good fuel is used, the real problem with CP4s ,when their fail they are particle makers, the CP3 just blows up.

fxclm, Their are ED owners that will love their ED to death....

fxclm5

Mar 16, 2018
Truck Year
Yea it's funny how there are so many ppl that are on their 2nd or 3rd or even 4th engines.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Quote .
"Personally know someone that blew 3 engines within 36k miles on a 2015 ecod. Truck was a short drive grocery getter type use with occasional long trips. He now drives a Ford F150 ecoboost. Everytime I see him... One of my questions is " what the F did you do to your ecod to blow 3 engines"?

And answer "nothing... They are junk"

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
2018s are failing, so its likely failures will continue to raise and in the course of the ED life many will have 3 to 4 engines needed.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Quote .
"Personally know someone that blew 3 engines within 36k miles on a 2015 ecod. Truck was a short drive grocery getter type use with occasional long trips. He now drives a Ford F150 ecoboost. Everytime I see him... One of my questions is " what the F did you do to your ecod to blow 3 engines"?

And answer "nothing... They are junk"
2018s are failing, so its likely failures will continue to raise and in the course of the ED life many will have 3 to 4 engines needed.

In the real world it's been over five years for the ED and MOST owners never replaced an engine. The odds of replacing three or four engines is extremely unlikely.

Why come on an ecodiesel forum and spew so much BS?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Because NOT all Bad is posted on the WEB, People call Me regularly that never post on WEB sites, they don't want all the rhetoric that forums incite.
Its NOT unlikely when it happens to YOU...John your critical of anyone that promotes even the risk of ownership.

IMO the narrative that the 3.0VM has no risk in ownership just because you own one trouble free , is ONLY trouble free to this point, and when it shows its ugly head to pompous to admit its short comings.

John

Nov 13, 2015
I have never said "no risk". It's the doom & gloom that you spread that is totally unrealistic. I hope hemi owners start calling you so you can continue with your expertise.

fxclm5

Mar 16, 2018
Truck Year
Lol, I've never seen any other vehicle go through 4 engines. But for the ecod it's a normal thing.

I've seen the countless lies fca does, for example 2nd owner replaces engine to finally find out his was a lemon buyback and it's on its 3rd engine now (1st for him)

I've seen countless threads of how fca denies warranty due to "contaminated fuel" then making the owners jump through hoops to prove by themselves with 3rd party testing that there is no fuel contamination just to get their warranty reinstated.

We have more then 8x+ fires, 8x+ ring tone magnet crank sensor failures. These are major flaws with the design that owners just don't report about for who knows what? Buying the first 1/2 ton Diesel and now its your pride on the line?????

I'm annoyed because I was a Mercedes tech mid 2000s when fca owned Benz and this is ridiculous how low they have fallen.