• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

It's Official! EGR Recall notice to me from NHTSA

kwaropay

Apr 22, 2019
Truck Year
It’s a recall that has nothing to do with the fuel filter. Go to a different dealer! Call FCA! If they don’t help you, you’ve got a great lawsuit coming...talk to a lawyer for free! They will tell you!

I should mention, the CarRight Dodge in Moon, PA asked for receipts for fuel filter changes. Since the manual on the ecodiesel specifies changing the fuel filter every 20k miles-two oil changes. When I couldn't give them receipts is when they logged into the FCA national service system "owner negligence". When I called my old shop to ask if they might be able to help, they were willing to, until they punched my VIN in and then said they couldn't touch it. So just saying, if you have to see your dealership over this egr issue, make sure you can provide some evidence that you've changed the fuel filters according to the service schedule.

Antyk

May 5, 2020
Truck Year
It’s a recall that has nothing to do with the fuel filter. Go to a different dealer! Call FCA! If they don’t help you, you’ve got a great lawsuit coming...talk to a lawyer for free! They will tell you!
Thanks... I contacted multiple dealers and FCA. once a service manager (apparently) enters "owner negligence" in the FCA service system no dealer will get paid by FCA for warranty work. FCA wont reverse a decision made by a Service Manager. Apparently.

kwaropay

Apr 22, 2019
Truck Year
Honestly, I would talk to a lawyer. I just don’t see how they could deny you a recall! Technically, It’s not warranty work for the EGR RECALL! It’s a fire hazard.

keep calling the 800number for FCA and tell them you did nothing wrong! Ask to speak to a manager at FCA.

Thanks... I contacted multiple dealers and FCA. once a service manager (apparently) enters "owner negligence" in the FCA service system no dealer will get paid by FCA for warranty work. FCA wont reverse a decision made by a Service Manager. Apparently.

boosti

Feb 17, 2020
Truck Year
I would contact an attorney, an overzealous service manager can’t flag you for a recall because of not following up with a fuel filter change at 20,000 miles. Dealers are very clever and will write down misinformation about a customer complaint when you pick up the vehicle. Make sure you challenge the dealer by calling customer care and make sure you document the problem. A good attorney will cause that service manager plenty of grief.