• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Key fob dead..

Mdeschenes55

Jan 13, 2020
Truck Year
hi,
i lots one so only one left.
The problem start with not being able to unlock the truck. It’s an 2014 Laramie with key less entry.
Here and there it didn’t recognized the fob so I had to start pushing the button with the fob. At the beginning I changed the battery and it was working but very fast i realized the battery was still good so removed it and put it back works.
But now it stoped working except I able to start pushing the button with keyfob still works.

iI have an autel maxis scanner that can program key fob on any brand.
I bought 2 aftermarket keyfob And tried to program them and failed.
I took a friend original key fob and couldn’t program it.

any idea what I should try?

alaskapilot

Oct 29, 2019
Truck Year
I dropped my key fob and it quit working on my 2016...took it to the dealership and they replaced it for free under the warranty, said I had two more replacements left.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
I dropped my key fob and it quit working on my 2016...took it to the dealership and they replaced it for free under the warranty, said I had two more replacements left.

That's good... they are pretty costly right (if you have to buy one out of pocket).