• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Key fob

Jan 31, 2022
Truck Year
I have a 2016 ram tradesman 1500. When I bought it from a used dealer it only came with one key. I ordered key fobs and had them programmed to the truck. They will start the truck but nothing else. No unlock or lock with the fob. Is that common for a truck with electric locks for the key fobs not to work.

Augiedoggy

Aug 18, 2021
Truck Year
Jan 31, 2022
Truck Year
The key that came with the truck is the metal key with the black end that plugs in the dash. The key fobs I bought from Amazon plug in the dash. They start it but the lock and unlock don't do anything

Augiedoggy

Aug 18, 2021
Truck Year
The key that came with the truck is the metal key with the black end that plugs in the dash. The key fobs I bought from Amazon plug in the dash. They start it but the lock and unlock don't do anything
do they look like the keys in the link I shared above?

Augiedoggy

Aug 18, 2021
Truck Year
The key fobs in the link you sent me look exactly like the one that I got.
Yeah they did something wrong. I would go back to the dealership and show them the keys arent fully functional... Especially for what they charge. your the first person Ive ever heard report this sort of thing. BTW your not supposed to have to use the "metal" key to start the truck on a normal basis. just the black plastic end that goes in the dash. if that doesnt work electronically than they didnt program them at all.

I didnt even think the metal key would start it although its tough to understand for sure if thats what your doing. ive never used the metal part of my key bought I thought it was just for cab access with a dead battery.

Augiedoggy

Aug 18, 2021
Truck Year
I dont have one of those just the key thats in the base of the plastic keys that pulls out.