• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

led headlight replacement

jhwrx1

Dec 21, 2015
Has anyone replaced their headlights with leds? I have a 2016 Laramie. I have read that the cam system will not work with led headlights. I have a shop that will install them and if the don't work will remove them for free. Any thoughts?

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Has anyone replaced their headlights with leds? I have a 2016 Laramie. I have read that the cam system will not work with led headlights. I have a shop that will install them and if the don't work will remove them for free. Any thoughts?
It's a pretty tight fit inside the headlight housing I think to do an led high or low lamp you would need to use the ribbon style or you will basically have to run without the entire dust cover on back because of the size hole you would need drilled for the fan and heat sink style. I run a high end hid kit from Enlight automotive in my low beams and it is absolutely fantastic. Low beam lights stay on and adjust up as well as the high beam turning on which is still the halogen lamp. This is a good combo because the yellow of the halogen actually provides more visibility to the human eye

aldwayne

Jan 12, 2017
May I know the price of Enlight HID? And do you night time pics? I'm curious about their brightness.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I think it ran about $235 but could be mistaken, it has a full morimoto harness for power, custom aluminum resistors with heat sinks for longevity, and a very nice inline capacitor. It's a great system, a bit beyond what retrofit shop offers. I have 8k (35w) bulbs and the upgraded 55w ballast bringing the color temp just over 6k, I can try and get some night time photos this evening. The light intensity compared to halogens in the projector housing is amazing. (Options have changed slightly with ballasts and bulbs)
https://www.enlightauto.com/collect...16-dodge-ram-xenon-hid-headlight-kit-low-beam

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170118-090258.jpg
    Screenshot_20170118-090258.jpg
    207.6 KB · Views: 21

NC-RAM

Nov 29, 2015
Truck Year
Try Head Light Revolution; low beam LED. I am running them with no issues, Everything fits inside your existing headlight.
Awesome white full light, i think you will love them, i do, No blinking, No flashing, No codes, No issues. easy install .

Dan Walker

Jul 5, 2016
Truck Year
I realize that this thread is a bit old... but I wanted to weigh in with my experience with LED with my 2016 Laramie with Projector style lights. I've been running with the OPT7 LED lights (cost from Amazon @ $100.00 US) and I've not been happy. The light is not very bright at all. I'm running these in my fog lights too and hight beams which are of course reflective and they work good. I'm thinking the LED's are not really designed for the Projector style light housing(s). So, it seems I'll be needing to get an HID conversion as mentioned here. Just wanted to share my experience.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Ed
I realize that this thread is a bit old... but I wanted to weigh in with my experience with LED with my 2016 Laramie with Projector style lights. I've been running with the OPT7 LED lights (cost from Amazon @ $100.00 US) and I've not been happy. The light is not very bright at all. I'm running these in my fog lights too and hight beams which are of course reflective and they work good. I'm thinking the LED's are not really designed for the Projector style light housing(s). So, it seems I'll be needing to get an HID conversion as mentioned here. Just wanted to share my experience.
Definitely try out the enlight system for your low beams, it's awesome. Don't even use my fogs anymore and the factory halogen high works great. So it's cheaper than 3x cheap led systems!

Dan Walker

Jul 5, 2016
Truck Year
I've seen some videos on GTR Light kits from Head Light Revolution. Street price is up there: $344.00

Wiggler

Jul 10, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Not sure if this post is still active. Made the mistake of installing LED in both my trucks in the LB and HB locations. Had to modify the housing to get the HB LED to fit. Running without dust covers. Now the OEM LED Signal lights are failing on both trucks. I have anti-flicker installed on the LB but not the HB. Could the LED signal lights failing (not completely dead yet, still have a signal light) be due to wiring issue? If I put the halogen bulb back in the HB and put the dust cover back on, do you think that will resolve the issue? Right now I am researching replacing both sets of lamp assemblies because of them being sealed units. Having said that, if I buy aftermarket, I hear the TYC are the better on the market.

2014 Ram Laramie Eco-Diesel
2015 Ram Longhorn Laramie Limited Eco-Diesel

Any thoughts appreciated.

sqeeter91

Sep 19, 2016
Truck Year
I went with HID from DDMtuning.com on my 2015. Highbeams only. 6500K. Very bright and LOVE them. Less than $100 takes about 30 mins to install