• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

LED lights

Liggett

Sep 13, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Well, call me wet behind the ears if you want, but I ordered another pair of LED's for my low beams today. These are coming from "Underground Lighting". The owner Danny convinced me this AM that I would not have the poor on road performance with his LED's that I did with the Morimoto 2 Stroke 2.0's which were totally useless at night. Yes, they were brighter, but the pattern scattered all over. He said his won't and that his are designed here in the US and manufactured to his specs in Japan. Japan's got to be better than China, no?
They should be here Wednesday and I'll have them in and night tested by Sunday latest and report back.

Thanks to the mods for helping me out with my lost password. I love this forum and it's been a great help to an Eco newbie.

Liggett

Sep 13, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
They came Tuesday and I installed them this afternoon. I'll be taking them out for a test drive tonight. It's supposed to be raining so that will be even better. Pic. in garage with installation supervisor, Kimber, in the foreground.

Attachments

• RamFront.jpg
    RamFront.jpg
    280.6 KB · Views: 17

Liggett

Sep 13, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
The new "undergroundlighting.com" LED lows are fantastic! Nice white light with a good cutoff. 2-300% better than OEM halogen. No can bus errors, flicker etc. I'm very satisfied. If the highs work as well as the lows, the KC's may not be necessary. I lowered the headlights after the 1st test drive before taking this picture. I need to raise them up just a bit.Low Beam.jpg 2.jpg

cozycabin

May 3, 2019
Truck Year
I paid a ton, compared to the multitudes of LED headlamps on amazon, for OPT7. But-They work amazingly well on my 15 tradesman. I can't believe they issued the truck with the stock lights it came with. They are just downright dim and dangerous. a pattern of behavior with FCA I'm seeing. they've never turned off on me or acted up in any way, pattern, color and and brightness is perfect. One of the few aspects of the truck I am completely satisfied with.

Liggett

Sep 13, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
Yep. Well. The 2018 Quads still suck! I'm really glad I finally found some LED's that cure the problem. There's a lot of JUNK out there on the LED market. Most has a fantastic add campaign behind it. It's really "buyer beware". Rumor has it that RAM finally addressed the issue of poor headlights on the 2020 Eco.

TooClose Racing

Dec 20, 2017
Truck Year
Not Listed
I'm going to bump this LED thread back to the top. I just installed $50 NINEO LEDs (H11s) into my 2015 Tradesman low beams that I ordered from Amazon. I did a lot of research - I googled "Top Ten LED lights in reflector housings sold on Amazon..." or something like that. And BOOM- there is actually somebody out there with a Youtube video. Yea...he's probably getting paid by NINEO or something, but...

So...they arrived, I installed, and 10 minutes they later they flickered and blinked out. No shit. While doing a test drive down the road. At night.

My next Google search (RAM 1500 LED light problems...) suggested that 2015 (and maybe earlier?) models have some kind of voltage monitoring circuit that is not going to like the lower voltage draw of the LEDs. I emailed the Amazon seller (NINEO) and they immediately responded saying that Dodge 2015 and earlier vehicles may experience this problem. They then sent me a set of (FREE) canbus decoders or resistance boxes or...something. But in they went (between the headlight plug and the LED lighting box plug) and...BAM...now my lights work.

I am very much enjoying the bright, white LED upgrades (as I did when I installed the NINEOs in a small BMW convertible 128i that I drive), but I did have to raise both headlights quite a bit using the adjustment screw. The LEDS really cut off sharply across the top of their lighting pattern (like from white to black nothingness), and raising them helps to wash out this effect out a bit. And no one is flashing me, so I am hopefully not blinding anyone out there. One more item....I ended up with TWO electronics boxes stuffed into my headlight housing, along with the LED and it's associated fan housing. Kinda crowded, kinda warm, but so far so good! Thank Gawd that is a big headlight assembly (Yes...I had to Google "How to Replace RAM 1500 headlight bulbs" to learn how to pull the headlight assembly...).

Now..if I could find a good (cheap) accessory fog light option since my Tradesman doesn't have fogs in da fenders....

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
I installed the led with the fan had nothing but problems with them going out its rough driving on the dark got rid of them purchased a set of led from Amazon they were real junk now I have Silverlight bulbs and I can drive at night with no problems

cozycabin

May 3, 2019
Truck Year
Like he said there, with certain years, 15 for sure, as that's what I have, if you don't add resistance, they will be continually problematic. And yes, many of the LED's out there are total junk with false specs on brightness and frequency. Many are rejects of what were supposed to be better bulbs, but failed the standards. There is always someone who will buy and sell them. What do people think all (most) those super cheap versions of things we need, but sold on ebay straight from China are?

No different than shopping at a dollar store. Those things are in there for a reason, not because they wanted from the outset to sell them for $1.

I think it's funny they overengineer a light circuit to shut down if it doesn't like the efficient draw of bight, safe, leds, but they send a truck out for $40-70K with literally dangerous visibility due to the completely incapable halogen bulbs. As if someone wouldn't know driving these trucks if a bulb burned out.

In stock form it would be like something blowing out 1 of 2 birthday candles lighting your way. I won't ever own FCA again after I get some use out of this truck. I laugh every time I hear some one singing "the engineers .... blah blah blah" as if those guys consistently find the best solutions, engineer the best product, reliability, performance, efficiency...phooey. Your onwership experience on the whole is way down the priority list if even on there. And the thought that in the American car mfr's that being a designer/ engineer is some guarantee of best and brightest is laughable if you can somehow find humor in that.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I have projectors and diode dynamics in the lows and fogs. I need resistors for the fog lights to get my fm stations back in the morning on the way to work. Amazing quality customer support and built very well

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I’m probably late on this question but how can I keep my fog lights on when my brights come on. Either with switch or auto brights?
Also I’ve read before on how to keep the market lights on as running lights.
2017 ram Laramie Ecodiesel

AlfaObd app

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
With the AlfaOBD software you can change the Canbus system to accept LRD or HID lights