• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Lift Pump / codePO191

Desert truck

Sep 19, 2023
Truck Year
My 2016 ram 1500 ecodiesel is at the dealer . Threw the Electronic throttle system warning after the same day just stalled while moving. Now dealer says the problem is the lift pump with code PO 191 showing. Three times in last 3 months it has had the Electronic Throttle control system warning light come in. This is third time to dealer.
First time DPF was full but didn’t get a warning until 100% full. Dealer replaced on AEM extended warranty.( The truck has 71000 miles. )
Second time dealer tested for cracks in system came back solid- cleared the codes. Drive for a month- now this lift pump issue. Supposedly not covered under AEM extended warranty . I’ve seen on threads where it is.
I don’t know if the dealer with this lift pump( $1,500 to replace )is starting to throw parts at it. Any relation to code PO 191 and lift pump?

SeanPwnery

Nov 30, 2022
Truck Year
I had a similar issue about a year ago.. it literally happened 10 weeks after I bought the truck. The stealership claims the filter housing was so clogged up that the pump burned out. They replaced both, along with the HPFP and the TIPM module under the hood too because the relay was burned out according to them, and the system was contaminated. I picked that truck up back in February - and it still won't start. The service writer who charged me 5800 dollars literally told me she heard them start it and run it a few seconds before keying it off. IT never started right in front of the tech who claims they didn't start it and the writer standing next to him. It literally did the exact same thing I brought it in for (no fuel pump whine, and a runaway starter without firing up). I got that truck the hell out of there and have literally had a yard ornament I've been making payments on ever since.

Desert truck

Sep 19, 2023
Truck Year
I did some research and with the extended AEM warranty from the settlement there is a whole list of things covered and the dealership did now say that they will cover the lift pump. That’s only after I’ve pushed them to dig deeper into that issue. My truck fortunately is 71,000 miles. It’s going to take two months for the part to even come in. It sounds like in your case it is potentially part of the same problematic system. I have read on different forms that people have gotten Chrysler to reimburse them after the fact by pressing them , I hope that’s possible in your case. The dealership did admit that they’re not certain this would solve the problem in my truck. I’ve attached the extended warranty in case you haven’t already explored this. I tried the number that Chrysler has to make claims and so far nobody has ever been available to take the call. I think it’s a case like a friend of mine who had a room for many years and then incredible warranty had to fight for every part of it, even though it was a solid warranty, I’d be curious to know what you find out. Good luck.

Attachments

• RAM Extended Emissions Warranty.pdf
    43.5 KB · Views: 2

Limoncello260

Apr 29, 2023
Truck Year
My 2016 had 76k miles, fuel pump failed. Had to replace both fuel pumps, fuel lines and all injectors. 13k to repair. Paid out of pocket, filled out Chrysler forms, submitted with proof of payment to certified RAM dealership, reimbursed 100% in less than 60 days….laying out 13k sucks…