• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Light question

EARL KITCHENS

Jul 3, 2015
Truck Year
My Laramie came with a 7 connector round plug for towing. My boat trailer has a 5 pin flat plug. I bought an adapter to go from a seven pin to a five pin. My boat trailer running lights work but the signals and brake lights do not. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Did you try going directly to the 5 pin that is the top part of the trucks receptacle? Or does yours only have the 7pin?

EARL KITCHENS

Jul 3, 2015
Truck Year
ZMAN079, I have an adapter just like the one you showed. I have actually purchased two different ones and got the same results. i think the factory wiring to the round 7 pin is hooked up wrong.

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
Test light is in order.

EARL KITCHENS

Jul 3, 2015
Truck Year
i will take that bet. The lights work fine hooked up to my old GMC Sierra. They also work with two other vehicles. I think the truck wiring from the factory is the issue. i will know by next week. Thanks

WesMgc

Aug 18, 2015
Truck Year
i will take that bet. The lights work fine hooked up to my old GMC Sierra. They also work with two other vehicles. I think the truck wiring from the factory is the issue. i will know by next week. Thanks
There is a 7 pin tester that you just plug in and lights up if all is good.
Hope you get it fixed.