• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

looking for 2015 repair manual

worsttruckever

Feb 18, 2021
Truck Year
Since this hunk of trash needs a new engine, I gotta pull the old one out, as it's my first rodeo with an ecodiesel, I need some primer info. google has never heard of it, hopefully someone here has. I have to say, this has to be the worst engine I have ever seen in my 30 year career. Sorry to smack talk the engine on the forum, but its true. Thinking I will upload a vid to youtube, of the whole process, since one doesn't really exist. Also, has anyone heard of upgrades/fixes, related to premature bearing failure?

Last edited:

worsttruckever

Feb 18, 2021
Truck Year
I have the file, thanks so much, perhaps now I can get this job done! This engine is very complex. I dont want to break stuff like a first year tech

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
I have the file, thanks so much, perhaps now I can get this job done! This engine is very complex. I dont want to break stuff like a first year tech
Yeah, it is complex and also some special tools for the cam timing, probably others as well, a little ingenuity will probably come up with homemade alternates. Best of luck on the engine, keep us posted if you have the time & feel the need. There seems to be numerous theories about the bearing failures. The engines seem to be hit or miss, I've read many threads that blame the EGR system, that's why I used a tune that disabled it & I love the difference it made. The repair manual is very thorough, to the point of redundant.

worsttruckever

Feb 18, 2021
Truck Year
this one has tons of soot.lots of it. like is this a coal powered train or a diesel truck?

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
Post #5 has a link to the thread with the manual, it's post#53 in the opened link. I also sent via a file sharing app for large files but it may not go through, it's about 200mb and is a zipped file.

Ed Brock

Jan 8, 2023
Truck Year
Not Listed
Caveman,
Thank you so much. I downloaded the manual. Boy, talk about difficult to find specific information.
I do appreciate your information. Still cannot find sevice info on the throttle valve.
Ed

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
Caveman,
Thank you so much. I downloaded the manual. Boy, talk about difficult to find specific information.
I do appreciate your information. Still cannot find sevice info on the throttle valve.
Ed
I agree, it's also very very redundant, if you don't mind paying a small amount per year you can go with ALLDATA.COM