• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Looks like it may be my turn!

Frank246

Feb 20, 2019
Truck Year
Just check my engine coolant on my 2015 Laramie . Down below the "seam" about 1/2 inch.
Just under 86,000 miles and having owned for 3+ years, it has never moved before and never needed any coolant.
I am going to add some coolant and see what happens, but I think I'm going to have to go to the dealer and see if they have any parts to use for the EGR recall. Everything I've heard is that they do not, but I want to be on record with the dealer that I tried to get it fixed.....if it blows!

Any one have any other advise?

colin

Oct 20, 2018
Truck Year
Just check my engine coolant on my 2015 Laramie . Down below the "seam" about 1/2 inch.
Just under 86,000 miles and having owned for 3+ years, it has never moved before and never needed any coolant.
I am going to add some coolant and see what happens, but I think I'm going to have to go to the dealer and see if they have any parts to use for the EGR recall. Everything I've heard is that they do not, but I want to be on record with the dealer that I tried to get it fixed.....if it blows!

Any one have any other advise?
just keep monitoring. I check mine at a few times at least a few times a week.

Frank246

Feb 20, 2019
Truck Year
Well, interesting results.
Long story, but here goes:
Last week, for the first time since owning the truck (3+yrs), and with 86K miles, my coolant dropped to about 1/2 inch below the seam in the overflow tank.

Filed it up with distilled water and marked the line it filled to so as to track any drop in level.

Have now driven it about another 400 miles and the coolant is exactly at the mark I put on the tank.

HOWEVER, the temp for the coolant and the oil (naturally in reasonable sync.) have both DROPPED by about 10 degrees from normal operating temps. I was running between 205-6 on coolant and about 3 degrees more on oil for the past 3 years.

Now, it is running normally around 193-194 on the coolant and the usual 3 or so higher on the oil, running the same roads/times/etc.

What I have noticed, since I always drive with the engine info screen showing on the dash, is the I can see the temp go up at times to the 199-200 mark and then drop back to the 193-194 level when the thermostat opens up. Like I said, I always drive with the engine info screen showing and in the previous 3+ years, I have never seen this happen, ever.

Was the thermostat open all this time and is now working? I know the engine prior to this use to run hotter and when pulling even light loads would jump into the 235-245 range. I haven't had any load on the truck since I added the coolant, but this "change" in temp flux seems ??interesting??

Any ideas or comments? Anything I might be missing here?

Thanks