• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Lots of random error codes: Is my battery just dying prematurely?

A_T_P

Feb 13, 2024
Truck Year
So I have an '18 ecodiesel, bought it at 148k miles, had all the fluid, tire, brake change records with it (but no major parts records). Been an absolute dream until yesterday. I'm at 167k miles now.

This past week the EGR full notice came up twice, which I thought was odd. So I take it down the highway to regenerate and about 10 miles in it tells me to service throttle control.

Google leads me to some posts on here that suggest the MAP is clogged. So being the cheapest option, I pull it and the pipe. The pipe's got a little soot but nothing bad, but the MAP was clogged shut. Some MAF cleaner and an hour trying to find the bolt I dropped and we're back together. Real easy job.

The truck had a bit of a hard time starting, took two tries but sounds perfect now that it's running. Tried to reset the CEL and it won't clear.

CEL said P0208, P0336, U1401, P0299.

Took it for a spin about 5 miles out, limp mode and all. Reset the CEL at the grocery store parking lot. Won't clear.

Get home, now P0299 and P0208 are historic faults. P0128 is new, U1401, P0336 still here. OBD scanner still won't clear the CEL.

Pull the battery cable to try and reset the CEL the hard way. Start it up and drive about a mile, now I have U1401 P0299 and P0128.

I saw some other posts on several of these codes turning out to be a bad battery. Battery's dated 12/21. Could it really be bad already at this point? It's never struggled to start until today, which I assumed was just the computer adjusting to finally having a completely clean MAP sensor. On-board meter says 14V.