• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Low Oil Pressure / Metal on Filter Media

p5150

Sep 7, 2021
Truck Year
155k on the motor

Last night while coming off the exit ramp, I got a low oil pressure flicker and the gauge dropped to zero. Pressure came back on with a little bit of throttle and truck movement so it seemed it couldbe a loose wire or connection. Immediately parked the truck and got a ride.

Came back to check it out in the AM and reseated electrical. Started it back up and it held pressure on the gauge just fine. Jumped on the freeway and drove 45 mins to get home. On the offramp while decelerating, it dropped to zero again. I kept the rpms up above idle to keep up oil pressure and made it home.

Opened the oil filter housing. Confirmed metal flake on the media. Time for a new engine

p5150

Sep 7, 2021
Truck Year
Depends. Would prefer new but no engines are available! I'm going to drive my other truck till that changes.