• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Low Oil Pressure Warning

Mayet1

Oct 26, 2021
Truck Year
Hi Guys I just had to take a run on the highway to clear the exhaust filter (did a regeneration) as I got a warning. It cleared/reset after 20 mins which was good. I had to stop at Home Depot and when I started the truck back up again and got back on the road (city driving) I got a low oil pressure warning. I checked the oil pressure indicator on the dash and it would only register pressure when the RPM was above 1500. As soon as I released the pedal, pressure dropped to zero and the low oil pressure warning disappeared and then when I stopped, back again. I did read that this so called "Oil pressure" indicator is not really measuring pressure but a calculation based on a variety of math really, not true oil pump pressure
Anyone else had this issue and could it be the oil pressure sensor vs the actual oil pump? Im thinking this is a coincidence that it happened right after run to clear the exhaust filter