• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

lowering kits

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I was actually thinking of lowering my truck 2 inches in the rear. Has anybody done this?
Thanks

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
I'm sure it would mean a new pair of springs...you can't really do drop shackles without leafs in the rear.

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
Or you could do a custom mod like this guy.....
2d6bf34562c683f3345b205f8df9dece.jpg

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I'm sure it would mean a new pair of springs...you can't really do drop shackles without leafs in the rear.

Your are correct, there are a couple of kits like this out there. I was wondering if anyone had any first hand experience.
Headlights readjusted? 4 wheel alignment? any warranty issues? things like that

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Shouldn't need an alignment just lowering the straight axle but I am not sure if it uses a track bar as it might cause it to dog track if so without being adjusted, but I think if it's just using the sway bar and straight axle mounts it shouldn't have any adverse effects other than pointing up your headlights a little bit. And if you have factory projectors it could probably use that as it is without harming oncoming traffic