• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Major Engine Problem

Goldie

Dec 19, 2019
Truck Year
Well it started 2 months ago my 2016 With 120,000 driving home from work (900km) Woke up early and drove 100km to my parents house when I pulled up on their driveway my dad noticed oil dripping (not to happy to see me LOL) No Lights no warnings. Checked the dipstick and no oil. I called a tow truck. Dealership said oil cooler was shot replaced under warranty. I asked if this would cause any problems down the road they said nope good to go. So here we are 2000km and while driving my oil temp was creeping up 115° Pulled over everything looks good very faint ticking. 5 min later very loud ticking then running ruff and grinding sounds. Had it towed to the dealership and they should look at it today

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
don't worry just drive it will b ok is the dealers favorite lie

Goldie

Dec 19, 2019
Truck Year
Here We Go. Now they want every oil change record. I work out of province so I have to track down every receipt. I have done 6 myself got the oil at Canadian tire and the filters @ my Dealership. What a pain

MARK T

Nov 27, 2019
Truck Year
THE OIL COOLER WAS UNDER WARRANTY AND THIS LOOKS LIKE A WARRANTY PART HAS CAUSED SPUN CRANK BEARING OR WRIST PIN. OIL CHANGE HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE OIL COOLER . LOW OIL LEVEL CAUSED BY COOLER IS YOUR ARGUMENT WITH FCA NOT THE DEALER. DID THE DEALER CHANGE THE OIL AND FILTER OR JUST REPLACE WHAT WAS LOST AND WITH THE CORRECT OIL..

Goldie

Dec 19, 2019
Truck Year
Looks Like They Did Full Oil Change

Attachments

• Kelowna Dodge.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 9

Goldie

Dec 19, 2019
Truck Year
I agree this problem is from the oil cooler failing and less than 2l of oil. I called Friday and my truck is still just sitting there. They won't look at it till I produce all oil change receipts

MARK T

Nov 27, 2019
Truck Year
IS THIS THE DEALER OR FCA .IN THE WARRANTY DOES IT SAY THAT A DEALER HAS TO DO ALL SERVICE FOR THE WARRANTY TO BE GOOD OR THAT YOU MUST PRODUCE RECEIPTS WHERE YOU BOUGHT OIL AND FILTERS TO DO IT YOUR SELF. WHEN YOU RESET THE OIL CHANGE ON YOUR TRUCK IT SHOULD SHOW HOW MANY TIMES IT HAS BEEN RESET AND MATCH THE MILLAGE. FCA TRIED THAT ON THE PHONE AND I TOLD THEM THAT I HAVE MEN THAT WORK FOR ME AND I PULL IT IN THE SHOP AND CHANGE OIL AND FILTERS . NEVER HEARD ANOTHER WORD ABOUT OIL.

MARK T

Nov 27, 2019
Truck Year
JUST LOOKED AT YOUR INVOICE AND THEY CHANGED OIL PSI SENSOR . THE SENSOR IS BAD MEANS NO CODES WERE SENT FOR LOW OIL OR LOW PSI. HAS THIS TRUCK BEEN FLASHED UNDER THE CLASS ACTION LAW SUITE.

Goldie

Dec 19, 2019
Truck Year
I am Not Sure. There is No Class Action Law Suite In Canada. All Flashes Are Up to Date

ICF Guy

Aug 8, 2018
Truck Year
Here We Go. Now they want every oil change record. I work out of province so I have to track down every receipt. I have done 6 myself got the oil at Canadian tire and the filters @ my Dealership. What a pain
I had the same issue. I do all my own service, and had marked in the glovebox maintenance book the dates, mileage and work performed at each service interval. FCA wouldn’t accept that, so I had a friend at an automotive repair shop make me up some invoices matching the dates in my book. Problem solved!