• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Manifold intake cleaning . Or new Banks intake install

Taz1974

Mar 24, 2019
Truck Year
Afternoon , boys and girls have a 17 ram laramie ecodiesel . Put in a gde tune at 32000 kms after an egr cooler changed at dealer due to a coolant leak . Just installed a flo pro block plates stage 1 for no future issues . Once i looked in the intake and became depressed the sludge will destroy my engine . Ordered a cft catch can What do you guys reccomend to deal with the sludge . Cheers taz

Taz1974

Mar 24, 2019
Truck Year
Any comments on spray foam cleaning injection or will this hydroloc and grenade the engine . The banks install looks favourable but no info on install .

GearHead

Sep 13, 2016
Truck Year
Any comments on spray foam cleaning injection or will this hydroloc and grenade the engine . The banks install looks favourable but no info on install .
BG products have a system and product to clean intake while installed, engine running. I used on my Wife's 2015 Grand Cherokee eco two days later got "DPF 100% full" message, had to do stationary regen, not too much of a fan. TC likes to remove intake and use a foam cleaning agent, good idea. Banks intake does not have swirl valves, nor accommodations for EGR cooler. Now these are good things but require a ECM tune or you will trip multiple codes, including Limp Home Mode, and requires that the manifold be for "Off Road Use Only". According to Banks this manifold was developed for the engine that Banks modifies for DOD use (read military). Install instruction will be the same as a stock manifold. Good luck.