• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

maxium towing capasity.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
If u have a good one they r great if not they can b problems but good ones outnumber the bad ones

VernDiesel

Mar 13, 2017
Truck Year
Ok as an update 371,000 on my first motor before it pushed a head gasket probably from previous low coolant from leaking EGR cooler. Watch your coolant level in the degas tank. If it drops to the seam or lower add some distilled water. If it does it again you likely have a slow EGR cooler leak developing. Post warranty this is best & permanently resolved with EGR cooler delete kit. No codes or idiot lights with a tune. Upon tear down inspection bearings were also very worn. Basically as long as something is behind or in the bed I’m paid to drive it so I stay loaded. Motor had a little over 7,000 hours run time.

217,000 miles on current engine only issue to date has been from dirty fuel. Stick with and change your Mopar fuel filters per warranty. Truck is worked daily towing TTs & boats commercially. It’s worst wear is seen in the bed from many motorcycles, snowmobiles & ATVs. Well and residential use where it’s pallets of tile & mulch and lose mulch dirt stone etc and everything imaginable moving 4 now grown kids. Sustained excessive heat is a killer. Glad I have a honeycomb style grill and now a lower temp thermostat.

We contract with Airstream and I live near the plant so it’s usually from the Mfgr in Ohio to a dealership anywhere but most commonly west coast then pick up a Forrest River from one of three west coast plants or a boat or a trailer Mfgr plant out there that we have contracts with to a dealership to transport something that is on the way home. Sometimes a auto auction place or residence to pick up a MC etc to deliver somewhere on the way home. Biggest portion of the TTs I tow are in 6 to 7k.

MSP548

Aug 30, 2016
Truck Year
Ok as an update 371,000 on my first motor before it pushed a head gasket probably from previous low coolant from leaking EGR cooler. Watch your coolant level in the degas tank. If it drops to the seam or lower add some distilled water. If it does it again you likely have a slow EGR cooler leak developing. Post warranty this is best & permanently resolved with EGR cooler delete kit. No codes or idiot lights with a tune. Upon tear down inspection bearings were also very worn. Basically as long as something is behind or in the bed I’m paid to drive it so I stay loaded. Motor had a little over 7,000 hours run time.

217,000 miles on current engine only issue to date has been from dirty fuel. Stick with and change your Mopar fuel filters per warranty. Truck is worked daily towing TTs & boats commercially. It’s worst wear is seen in the bed from many motorcycles, snowmobiles & ATVs. Well and residential use where it’s pallets of tile & mulch and lose mulch dirt stone etc and everything imaginable moving 4 now grown kids. Sustained excessive heat is a killer. Glad I have a honeycomb style grill and now a lower temp thermostat.

We contract with Airstream and I live near the plant so it’s usually from the Mfgr in Ohio to a dealership anywhere but most commonly west coast then pick up a Forrest River from one of three west coast plants or a boat or a trailer Mfgr plant out there that we have contracts with to a dealership to transport something that is on the way home. Sometimes a auto auction place or residence to pick up a MC etc to deliver somewhere on the way home. Biggest portion of the TTs I tow are in 6 to 7k.

So you’ve got nearly 600k on your original tranny?

VernDiesel

Mar 13, 2017
Truck Year
Yep. I’ve changed fluid 5 times filters three times including the first filterpan. I do have the benefit of a TCM or transmission tune. And yes I use the tow haul when towing a TT/TH or bigger boat.

Gunner

Sep 10, 2019
Truck Year

371k on an ecodiesel?

VernDiesel

Mar 13, 2017
Truck Year
Quite well with a WDH. Setup is key if wet weight gets up over 7,500 pounds. (Restoring unloaded steer weight and setting loading & WDH to provide 12ish percent (ideal) tongue weight per truck stop tri scales. Tune with brake is also a super reassuring when coming down long steep grades.

Garyg

Nov 15, 2019
Truck Year
What WDH do you recommend. Not sure what you mean by tune with brake any advice is much appreciated.

VernDiesel

Mar 13, 2017
Truck Year
I use the Andersen and have had good experiences with it. Husky Centerline is another solid choice with a more traditional design. Both also have built in sway control.

You can buy a better than stock aftermarket tune for the engine management computer. To turn off EGR, add an engine brake, get more power & mileage etc out of our trucks by not complying with government regulations. Recently our over reaching government EPA office got laws passed to outlaw the sales of such tunes in our country even when sold as an off road tune. All it did was push the sales of such products away from US companies. SKT is one that is from here but has a Canadian affiliation that you can still get. There is at least two other companies that make such a proxy but I cannot recall their names. If no one here lists them for you they can be found on the ram1500diesel forum.

But I don’t recommend buying a cheap piggy back “fooler” chip. Buy a proper ECM tune.