• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Maybe a dumb question but if my 2017 eco diesel is running really well should I clean the EGR tube? It’s got 80,000 mls and I’m the second owner. Than

Ramsey#1

Aug 12, 2021
Truck Year
Maybe a dumb question but if my 2017 eco diesel is running really well should I clean the EGR tube? It’s got 80,000 mls and I’m the second owner.

Ramsey#1

Aug 12, 2021
Truck Year
Yes, if it's gunked up it's not helping things, that's for sure!
So what if some pieces fall into the intake when I remove it? Should I try to clean the inside where to tube connects?

Ronald Doupe

Mar 18, 2018
Truck Year
The tube is just part of the system, the inside of the intake manifold is where most of the gunk will form, I also have a 2017, and never plan or cleaning it,

Church

Mar 29, 2022
Truck Year
So what if some pieces fall into the intake when I remove it? Should I try to clean the inside where to tube connects?
Take a look at my post from where I cleaned my MAP and Tube. The amount of gunk in the intake will be terrible. I think anything that would fall off would just stick to all the gunk in the intake.

A standup guy

Oct 12, 2021
Truck Year
Tube does have a somewhat small opening that will start to get covered over with gunk, potentially impeding air flow. I do believe thats worth clearing up. Just want to be careful pulling it out, not to knock crusty's into the intake. Also worth cleaning the MAP sensor while your at it. Mine was completely gunked up at 68,000 miles. Truck seems to be running slightly better with it cleaned.

Ramsey#1

Aug 12, 2021
Truck Year
Tube does have a somewhat small opening that will start to get covered over with gunk, potentially impeding air flow. I do believe thats worth clearing up. Just want to be careful pulling it out, not to knock crusty's into the intake. Also worth cleaning the MAP sensor while your at it. Mine was completely gunked up at 68,000 miles. Truck seems to be running slightly better with it cleaned.
Thanks to everyone for your input