• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Mdsporter bought 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 new, has 123,000 miles.

Mdsporter

Jun 5, 2019
I bought this Truck new and it has been good but since I had the Recall done nothing but problems. I got in it one morning to go to work and it would not start. Check Engine light came on and ECM, TCM, ABS alarms saying no Communications. Towed to dealer they told me it needed a new Instrument Cluster, for 3,000.00. Took it home work on it myself found the problem on the wiring harness under the drive's seat on the frame on the Transmission side. Connector was loose from the frame and one of the clips broken. Cleaned connectors with chemical for Advanced Auto for electrical connections used tie wrap around connector block and new plastic body garments to secure connector block to frame. I think what happened was a few months earlier I had to have the DEF system replaced. It was covered under warranty barely at 99,000. If it would have been over 100,000 warranty would not have covered it. I think when they replaced the DEF system that connector Block was removed and new garments were not used when it was put back. Just thought I'd share that. took Truck in for regular oil change and Dealer did the Recall!! That seem to cause problems again. Yesterday, I was driving down the Interstate at 70 mph Truck just bogged down and smoke was coming from under the hood and I could hear noise that's not normal. Temp and oil pressure normal no alarms. Let truck set for and few minutes started back up and got Check Engine light and lightning blot sign in dash. Truck did not have any power flat road got up to 50 mph on grades go now to 25 loud noise hard to describe. Engine loud and I think the Turbo was making air and knocking noise. Read Codes and go the P0299 Turbo failure. Towing to the Dealer again.