• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Motorcycle Carriers Hitch Mounted

Bob S.

Sep 1, 2016
Truck Year
Has anyone used a Visa Haul or similare hitch mounted system on a Eco Diesel with the air suspension system!
I want to carry my Adventure bike to the southern USA and want to know if these units are safe and can the truck handle the weight.

DRMAC

Oct 10, 2016
Truck Year
Has anyone used a Visa Haul or similare hitch mounted system on a Eco Diesel with the air suspension system!
I want to carry my Adventure bike to the southern USA and want to know if these units are safe and can the truck handle the weight.

Personally I never used a Visa Haul hitch. But it might be a mute point. I think the Tow/Haul button that's selectable disables the air suspension while your hauling.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Personally I never used a Visa Haul hitch. But it might be a mute point. I think the Tow/Haul button that's selectable disables the air suspension while your hauling.

No, the tow haul disables Aero mode and the suspension only levels as needed. It does not disable the air.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
The 1500 air can handle about 1000# of direct tongue weight without complaining, depending how close or far from the hitch that may very. I Used to run up to 3,000# in the bed.

You state an adventure bike, so I think a enduro, crossover type? Maybe 400#? Wouldn't sweat it