• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Mpg loss

tds566

Jun 1, 2019
Truck Year
I got 27 running 70 75 on way back from tn first trip coming home after buying truck. Always ran 25 or more on highway

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
Have 2016 ram 4x4, Was getting 23mpg, After reprogram went down to 17-18, And big lag at take off, Fuel filter changed, K&N filter cleaned before reprogram !!! Sucks getting ready to call dealer get their song and dance , Any other Ideas...
Try GDE engine tune and transmission tune.

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
Have 2016 ram 4x4, Was getting 23mpg, After reprogram went down to 17-18, And big lag at take off, Fuel filter changed, K&N filter cleaned before reprogram !!! Sucks getting ready to call dealer get their song and dance , Any other Ideas...
Try GDE trans and engine tune.

rancho

Jul 3, 2019
Truck Year
Was thinking about it, But with the extended warranty would probably would have to keep O.E ecm just in case truck would have to go back to dealership, So now looking at $1500 …

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
Was thinking about it, But with the extended warranty would probably would have to keep O.E ecm just in case truck would have to go back to dealership, So now looking at $1500 …
I talked to GDE ( Green Diesel Engineering ) about keeping my stock ECM for retuning the truck for warranty repair work on the truck. I was told serval things; 1.Most people were sending their stock ECM to them to have them tuned. 2. Their are no serial numbers or vin #'s on the actual ECM that it was a stock part that the dealer would order if you needed a new one. The only thing on the stock ECM is the fuel injection codes. Also the dealer would be unable to detect that the ECM has been tuned or replaced. I think will have them tune my stock ECM and reinstall it . But at the end of the day do what YOU ARE COMFORTABLE WITH.

rancho

Jul 3, 2019
Truck Year
With another truck (GMC) I did a reprogram when I took it to dealer they called back saying I needed new Injectors,New ECM because it all was out of spec, I forgot to put the reprogram back to O.E. specs, Once I did, Then everything was good, I'm not concerned with the #'s on the ECM, Just that probably the timing on injection pump, Or engine wont be the O.E. spec and that they will pick up(I think) Maybe I should call GDE as well.

John

Nov 13, 2015
With another truck (GMC) I did a reprogram when I took it to dealer they called back saying I needed new Injectors,New ECM because it all was out of spec, I forgot to put the reprogram back to O.E. specs, Once I did, Then everything was good, I'm not concerned with the #'s on the ECM, Just that probably the timing on injection pump, Or engine wont be the O.E. spec and that they will pick up(I think) Maybe I should call GDE as well.
It's a non issue with GDE on the Ecodiesel.

choctawmel

Feb 12, 2019
Truck Year
For those of you talking about fuel mileage, how fast was your average speed, particularly to those getting 27mpg?
I was getting 30+ on the interstate doing 75-80mph before the dealer 'fixed' the recall. 500 interstate miles after was good to get 22. Now the best it gets is 23.3. Yes I have a clean and oiled K&N filter also.

Ram For Life

May 25, 2019
Truck Year
I was getting 30+ on the interstate doing 75-80mph before the dealer 'fixed' the recall. 500 interstate miles after was good to get 22. Now the best it gets is 23.3. Yes I have a clean and oiled K&N filter also.
That sounds like my truck 23.6 max on the interstate.