• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Muffler delete 2020 Ram 1500 ECODIESEL

Pitdog55

Mar 10, 2022
Truck Year
Hello all! I wanted to ask if anyone has deleted the mufflers off of a 20 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel? I'm not looking for performance or mpg savings, I'm just looking for more sound. I'm not trying to wake the neighbors but I do want it to sound more like a truck. The Ecodiesel is the best choice for my life/work application so that's why I went with it. If I wanted obnoxious loud muscle sound I would have went with a non diesel truck. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Writing this on a Facebook page got all of the trolls worked up. I just would like an honest opinion from someone that has done this before. Thanks fellow Ecodieselers. Tony

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
If you are all stock, removing the muffler will do nothing… the dpf scr catch all noise

Micahbarnard

Dec 25, 2020
Truck Year
Not entirely the case If this were so there would be no need for the muffler. The muffle does partly dampen the exhaust sound. Mine is removed. It won’t help you much though. On thing that does help is removing all the sound dampers in the engine bay. Although, these also help some to keep engine warm in the winter. I have removed mine and that definitely helped liven it up a little. There is one on top of either cylinder bank and sound damper across the under side of the hood. Also sound damping foam attached to inside of both wheel wells.

Augiedoggy

Aug 18, 2021
Truck Year
so my 2015 has a stright piped exhaust with everything else being removed by the PO... its still very quiet. the only difference from stock that I would say it has is more turbo whistle on acceleration.

Micahbarnard

Dec 25, 2020
Truck Year
so my 2015 has a stright piped exhaust with everything else being removed by the PO... its still very quiet. the only difference from stock that I would say it has is more turbo whistle on acceleration.
Not familiar with what the PO is, but if your EcoDiesel is straight piped and you have someone rev it stand behind it and it is fairly loud. Not loud like Lamborghini loud but fairly loud for a regular street vehicle. Nice part is it never gets very loud in the cab. If you look up YouTubes of straightpiped EDs your see what I Mean.

Ramman1

Jun 7, 2019
Truck Year
Hello all! I wanted to ask if anyone has deleted the mufflers off of a 20 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel? I'm not looking for performance or mpg savings, I'm just looking for more sound. I'm not trying to wake the neighbors but I do want it to sound more like a truck. The Ecodiesel is the best choice for my life/work application so that's why I went with it. If I wanted obnoxious loud muscle sound I would have went with a non diesel truck. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Writing this on a Facebook page got all of the trolls worked up. I just would like an honest opinion from someone that has done this before. Thanks fellow Ecodieselers. Tony
I have done the EGR delete with muffler delete also, it does sound more like a diesel, not obnoxious, no black smoke, you do hear the turbo spinning amongst the sounds. Also you smell a little diesel fumes/fuel occasionally. I picked up about 4 mpg, and 40hp in the process. No more DEF, runs cooler also.