• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Muffler Delete Day

Gator Chomp

Nov 9, 2020
Truck Year
Winter blend?
You know, I would not have thought about that winter blend cause its been around that mid 30's to lower 40's. And my norman fuel station hasnt put up any signs about blended fuel yet so I "assumed" he hasnt yet started. But that makes sense. Thanks.

Zecodiesel

Jan 8, 2021
Truck Year
Yes! I seem to have more giddy up for sure.....and damn it sounds jet like when I hit that throttle
Sounds great! Did you leave the resonators just before the exhaust tips intact? I’m looking at trying to do a full straight pipe, but it seems like that requires replacing everything from the straight pipe back to the tips. I’ve seen that for $479 and not sure if it’s worth it or not.

Zecodiesel

Jan 8, 2021
Truck Year
You know, I would not have thought about that winter blend cause its been around that mid 30's to lower 40's. And my norman fuel station hasnt put up any signs about blended fuel yet so I "assumed" he hasnt yet started. But that makes sense. Thanks.
In Minnesota they run the winter blend from mid October to April I believe. Really sucks because a few of those months aren’t cold enough to warrant it, but the MPG’s suffer.

EcoLeesiel

Oct 2, 2018
Truck Year
Sounds great! Did you leave the resonators just before the exhaust tips intact? I’m looking at trying to do a full straight pipe, but it seems like that requires replacing everything from the straight pipe back to the tips. I’ve seen that for $479 and not sure if it’s worth it or not.

Hey Zeco, yes I left resonators in place. Was worried about drone

Gator Chomp

Nov 9, 2020
Truck Year
I also left the resonators and put turndown tips on. I did get a hi-flow muffler just incase my mpg's dont come back up to where I was at before I deleted the muffler.

Zecodiesel

Jan 8, 2021
Truck Year
Would it be fairly simple to cut out the resonators and weld some straight pipe in place you think? I’ve heard it both ways. I definitely want to do a full straight pipe but will probably start with the delete pipe and muffler delete coupler like you did.

Gator Chomp

Nov 9, 2020
Truck Year
Would it be fairly simple to cut out the resonators and weld some straight pipe in place you think? I’ve heard it both ways. I definitely want to do a full straight pipe but will probably start with the delete pipe and muffler delete coupler like you did.
There are 3" straight pipe kits for the eco that delete the muffler and resonators. They are kinda spendy though. But on the up side you would be able to have a better selection on tips for better sound.

Gator Chomp

Nov 9, 2020
Truck Year
I put 3 inch turndown on my delete

Attachments

• 20210108_221900.jpg
    20210108_221900.jpg
    384.5 KB · Views: 29
  • 20210108_221908.jpg
    20210108_221908.jpg
    385.8 KB · Views: 24

EcoLeesiel

Oct 2, 2018
Truck Year
Sure do! I should have mentioned that they are 6" outlet with 4" inch inlet. I was able to clamp and weld them onto my factory chrome tips if that makes sense. They look totally badass and way more to scale in my opinion.

EcoLeesiel

Oct 2, 2018
Truck Year
I'll post a picture on Tuesday to show my handiwork from underneath

Zecodiesel

Jan 8, 2021
Truck Year
Just about to go ahead and delete the muffler to go along with my Stage 2 SFT tune. I already am fully deleted to the turbo so I figured lose a few pounds and see if I can't get a little more diesel sound out of her....

View attachment 2929
What delete pipe did you use? I can't seem to find any that will ship to the US. How did you get it? I was looking at the Flo Pro, but like I said, it doesn't appear to be available here.

EcoLeesiel

Oct 2, 2018
Truck Year
What delete pipe did you use? I can't seem to find any that will ship to the US. How did you get it? I was looking at the Flo Pro, but like I said, it doesn't appear to be available here.
Here ya go......They have now made one specifically for our Eco's so no cutting to fit!

Zecodiesel

Jan 8, 2021
Truck Year
Here ya go......They have now made one specifically for our Eco's so no cutting to fit!

Awesome. Thank you. Which pipe did you use for the DPF delete?