• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Multiple issues all at once

gwebbforuk

Jul 28, 2020
Truck Year
Short and Sweet:
* Purchased my used 2014 RAM 1500 EcoDiesel Laramie Longhorn Edition Crew Cab 4 x 4 with 89,000 miles on it
* I've driven it 9,500 miles and the only thing that has shown up is oil change needed, I've never seen any indicator about engine in Regen
* 1 week ago I went to the lake and had to pull my bass boat about a mile down a gravel road, (took two days to get the dust off everything)
* Launched the boat, fished for 8 hours ( i reallly killed them, had an awesome day) and loaded up headed for home
* check engine light pops on, check ETC warning comes on, within 10 miles Exhaust Filter 100% Full Service Required by Dealer comes on
* I was 80 miles from home and no dealers anywhere close so I headed home, 3000 RPM max but everything ran fairly smoothly just no power
* Went to dealer on Monday morning, waited an hour to get a service rep, told me they have (1) mechanic that can work on EcoDiesel and he had 6 ahead of me, no idea when they might get to it, told him my story and he said truck can't Regen if oil light is on, so change the oil and drive it and it should regen, I said even with the ETC warning it could regen and he said yes and ETC light would probably go off
* Changed the oil and reset the Oil life and the truck still is in low power mode and would not regen
* so, no faith in service rep, need to do something, are there any tricks to get out of limp mode, tried disconnecting cables no luck
* I've got to get back and forth to work with no back up vehicle, will I hurt it to drive?

I'm pretty handy around diesel engines, I traded my Ford F250 6.0 liter for this truck and if you no that engine, I was in the engine more than I was in the cab!

Thanks in advance for tips, tricks, advice or for just listening!

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Pick up a obd reader with Bluetooth or wifi connection off amazon and buy alfaobd for your laptop/ android phone and you will be more useful than the dealer when it comes to codes and testing procedures for the eco. You’ll be ~100$ for the software and reader and can force your regen, plus a pile of other stuff that could be dangerous if you play too much with it. John has posted before about resetting the truck out of no start mode, this may also work for limp mode. luckily I saved it lol

Attachments

• Emergency Start REVISED.pdf
    194.1 KB · Views: 16

gwebbforuk

Jul 28, 2020
Truck Year
Pick up a obd reader with Bluetooth or wifi connection off amazon and buy alfaobd for your laptop/ android phone and you will be more useful than the dealer when it comes to codes and testing procedures for the eco. You’ll be ~100$ for the software and reader and can force your regen, plus a pile of other stuff that could be dangerous if you play too much with it. John has posted before about resetting the truck out of no start mode, this may also work for limp mode. luckily I saved it lol
Thank you , I will check out the obd reader

gwebbforuk

Jul 28, 2020
Truck Year
Is the check engine light on?
Yes, check engine light, ETC warning 100% diesel filter

gwebbforuk

Jul 28, 2020
Truck Year
Yes its throwing
P0299-------------------turbo/super charger underboost
P2463--------------------Diesel Particulate Filater Restriction

gwebbforuk

Jul 28, 2020
Truck Year
Thank You. I hope so. I have checked into the recalls and this truck has not had the AEM or the EGR taken care of. Also the truck qualifies for the lawsuit settlement. Supposedly about 3,000.00 payment. I need to reseach the payment more but the other two things need to happen either way.

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
I opted out of all recalls, I enjoy the truck and did not want to risk fire after the aem, and I don’t trust the new egr, if the old one failed I’m sure new one will too

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
what number owner r you its 3000.00 for a 1 owner then i keeps getting split between all the others if no one else files you will get it all unless the original owner already filed for it and collected go 2 the web cite and enter your serial number

Jerrycans

Jul 12, 2020
Truck Year
Thank You. I hope so. I have checked into the recalls and this truck has not had the AEM or the EGR taken care of. Also the truck qualifies for the lawsuit settlement. Supposedly about 3,000.00 payment. I need to reseach the payment more but the other two things need to happen either way.
Don’t drive it, the filter is getting stopped up and will cause back pressure on the turbo , and possibly screw it up, and gotta take cDNA off to get to the turbo, lota work

67_Valiant

Feb 9, 2020
Truck Year
Couple quick things... I also got the "DPF 100% full- see dealer" message while trying to work around a broken glow-plug issue on my 2015 Big Horn, but I could not get the regen to trigger until all the other underlying issues were fixed (in my case, the glow plug). Once that was resolved I was able to force a stationary regen using AlphaOBD.

I've also noticed that one small problem can trigger multiple codes on these trucks which can (at times) make it difficult to zero in on the actual problem. I recently had my intake pipe come off from the turbo inlet. 2 codes triggered (P02c and P0402) in addition to the dreaded "Service Electric Throttle Control" warning, and the truck went into limp mode. I reconnected the pipe, cleared the codes, and all is now well.

So in your case, I would make sure all hose clamps, connectors and fittings around the intake system are properly secured, and then attempt the regen (if you are going to do it yourself).