• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

Must have option? I'm about to pull the trigger

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
I wish I had ordered the 3m down the sides and fender flares....these things throw rocks like crazy if any of you drive in rocks a lot it would be a good idea I chipped the hell out of my truck when I went on my hunting/scouting trip. They need either the vinyl or I may get some small mud flaps

dakarm34

Aug 28, 2015
Truck Year
It is a clear vinyl wrap, sticker like.

I'm getting the truck tomorrow, can't wait.

dakarm34

Aug 28, 2015
Truck Year
I got the truck tonight, but the sun went down too quickly to get a few pictures. I'll post some this weekend. I look forward to interacting with you guys as we all enjoy these awesome trucks. Have a great weekend all. BTW - it freaked my 4 & 6 year old when I started my truck with my phone.

dakarm34

Aug 28, 2015
Truck Year
It does take a while to start it up, I guess they have a slow Internet circuit! Ha.

Mharrison

Jun 17, 2015
Truck Year
Ya at first try I was like man this is awesome...until I realized I would never use it unless I was way away from my truck to lock it

Stan Laurel

Aug 3, 2015
Truck Year
Did you get a short bed? With Rambox and short bed, your cargo space is pretty small.

dakarm34

Aug 28, 2015
Truck Year
It is a short bed 5'7". It's smaller but I fit all my firefighter gear and other truck items in it. They're full but I'm very happy with it. I put a backrack on it last night and that's awesome. Pictures to come one I wire all the lights up.

Ofishl1

Oct 10, 2015
Truck Year
One thing I had the dealer do before I drove it off the lot was to put the front end lift kit in it,( no air suspension)...as it sat.. the front end rake had the air dam so low it would not clear a parking block...KO2 285 20s lifted the truck another 3/4 inch and the ride height is perfect now...

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
A
Not only is this my first truck and a diesel at that, but it's also the first time that we have ordered a vehicle. If you have the time, get your rig outfitted the way you want! Don't be afraid to do an order. The only thing you really need to be aware of is that you will get whatever incentives or financing specials when the truck comes in, not when it's ordered... Not a big deal, because it's common sense, right? But I got confused at first.
Actually I ordered and it was priced with available incentives from the order date. They only change that and give you current incentives upon delivery if they are better and lessen the cost. It saved me an extra $1,000

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
And that's a pretty good price, locally there was a Max steel Laramie with air suspension limited slip etc. It was loaded. I was in love with the truck when I went and drove it, I think the sticker was 56-58? I'm Polaris Industries so I also get the 1% under dealer invoice but beyond that they wouldn't budge. Winter road salt and dirt roads I wasn't keen on a black truck anyways and I have dogs so nor was I on the black interior. And I'm not keen on the 5'7 box.

But all of this I was willing to settle and help the dealer move inventory that was on the lot. (It had all of 10 inspection miles when I first drove it) pending they would give me a price worth my while. Which I told them otherwise I was going to order from another dealer. Well needless to say the dealer wouldn't budge anymore on the price so I walked out, called and drove 6 hours to Forrest Lake (twin cities area) to a dealer that offered a lifetime powertrain warranty told them exactly what I wanted, a Prairie Pearl TT LL Air 3.55 6'4 cattle tan. I selected every option except the ram box, block heater, OWL tires, or the forged rims, as I like the gold inserts.

But my build price was 59,640, originally negotiated to get it down to 49,950 and ended off at about 49 even after the updated incentives from March when I ordered to May when it was delivered. That's with FCA affiliate pricing which cuts down on some dealer negotiation bs

Best of all with ordering you get a window sticker that says "This vehicle was built especially for (Jonathon D. Nash)".

But you're right the convenience group is the best option for the passive entry. With the exception of air suspension but that's entirely due to my use of the truck, though I love the sunroof just for the daylight in the cab. I had a pinched drain and it leaked at first, but it's actually quiet when the headliner is open. We have a BMW e53 and it's so noisy with the headliner open and the glass closed.

jdn112011

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
Also I agree that the light output on the factory projectors is, well, garbage. But it's a very good candidate for HID retrofit and it produces great light afterwards. No blinding stray light. It's a good quality focused beam with much greater intensity. You can actually see what's in front of you before you're on top of it.