• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

My experience with glow plug issue

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
True that. Dealer called me on the emission crap to bring truck in. I asked if this has to do with the settlement and all that and they gave me the run around. I don’t understand why the dealer an hour from me shoots me straight and answers all my questions but my local dealer has to be a dick.
Unless you are getting paid for the flash I wouldn't do it. I would get the truck tuned though. Good luck!

Misfit Toys

Feb 18, 2019
Truck Year
Also haven't had an issue since changing #4. The others are imenant. My last post I was moving on to a coolant loss issue. A successful 3 way valve replacement and egr cooler delete later I am still adding coolant every fuel up. No puddles, oil is good. Dam turbo cooler hose I s'pose. Next step may be banks intake (?upgrade?) While I've got it off to access the hose. Thinking real hard about replacing gp's while im there. Short of lifting the cab to do turbo swap, is there anything else to look for while I'm in there? I'm moving this to the appropriate thread if I can figure that out. Love the milage, turned 140k today. I'd love to see 300k and rub it in my father n laws face.

longshot

Mar 13, 2018
Truck Year
I had the same problem. I put a small amount of carbon conductive grease on the glow plug pins and called it a day.

eco

Jan 22, 2020
Truck Year
#4 is on front driver's side. Pop engine cover off by pulling up then towards the front. Take the intercooler hose off, hose clamp in front and wire snap in back. To release the wire snap, practice up front near the hose clamp you just loosened. Use a pick or flat screwdriver to pull up on the wire while putting back pressure on the hose. Wire will remain in the clamp assembly. After the hose is removed, pull up the rubber sound deadening and put it on top of the fuse box for a knee pad, you will want to get comfortable! The glow plug wires are connected to long stems with flat tops. Mine had a blue assembly mark on them. Look near the top of the motor, above the injector fuel rail, down in the crevice. If you've ever hunted mushrooms, it's like finding that first one. Once you find one you will see the other 2. #4 & #5 are not too bad, #6 makes my back and knuckles hurt just looking at it. Pull up on the stem, might take a lil force. I now recommend you blow the crevice out with compressed air to remove all the crap around the hole your about to open up, hopefully. Blow then soak with your favorite penetrating oil. That felt weird to type. Get a 1/4" drive ratchet, extension, and 5/16" deep well socket. Mine broke loose easily, then fought for its miserable life the rest the way out. Like I said, get comfy. Spray, soak, out as far as your nerves will handle, back in till it reaches a loose spot then spray, soak, out...repeat. took me 2 hours. I walked away a couple times. Be patient and careful, it's actually a very easy procedure. Just keep looking at #6 and be thankful
This was very good information. Had to sign up to thank him for posting. Thanks.i would add I was having the same problem, getting error codes. When it was cold no problem but as it warmed up it would throw a code. Anyway found the damn plug tucked into the bottom of the engine. HOWEVER not sure if everyone knows this but always check your flow plug with a test light. If it lights up it's good, if not it's bad. Anyway mine lit up so there's another issue. Thanks all.