• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New 2015 EcoD Laramie

RamDr

Oct 10, 2015
Truck Year
The GDE PDFs on their website are all you need...plus a 10 mm socket. Easy as can be. Now only if moparecodiesel would just get some turbo intakes in stock.....

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
Thank you ram Dr. The intakes I was only making $10.00 on them for my first batch then I raised the price $10.00 more and they stopped selling. It's just way too much work to build these things for no real profit. My oil separator kits I just made profit finally this weekend, the last 4 kits I had were the profit. I made all this stuff for requests and to help out some people I saw really interested. But you gave me an idea, I have 1 intake tube left and I think I can sand down the tube and order some adapter hoses, I think I'll contact boostn for a giveaway on this forum.

RamDr

Oct 10, 2015
Truck Year
Well if you would be so kind send the recipe if you are getting out of making them and I'll give it a go.

Ofishl1

Oct 10, 2015
Truck Year
The GDE PDFs on their website are all you need...plus a 10 mm socket. Easy as can be. Now only if moparecodiesel would just get some turbo intakes in stock.....

I don't follow, why Turbo intakes, and how are they related to a GDE Tune..

RamDr

Oct 10, 2015
Truck Year
The airflow intake and filter swap can be watched on YouTube, search for moparecodiesel. Just a simple non-k&n tube swap for better airflow, less resistance into the turbo.

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
I've sent boostn an email I'm going to do a giveaway for this forum thi month for an intake tube kit

Ofishl1

Oct 10, 2015
Truck Year
The airflow intake and filter swap can be watched on YouTube, search for moparecodiesel. Just a simple non-k&n tube swap for better airflow, less resistance into the turbo.

OK I get it, more cold air intake, like the ARRAID system...

Ofishl1

Oct 10, 2015
Truck Year
OK I get it, more cold air intake, like the ARRAID system...
I see AFE and others have these for a few hundred $...are these going to make any noticible difference besides more noise?

Attachments

• upload_2015-10-11_9-17-55.png
    upload_2015-10-11_9-17-55.png
    71.2 KB · Views: 8

moparecodiesel

May 24, 2015
Truck Year
Not Listed
Only when towing with a stock vehicle in the upper end. They really shine when combined with the intercooler tube upgrade and pcm tuning. That's really the time you'll see an improvement. Also the stock air filter sucks really bad, it let's a lot dirt through almost as much as a k&n. The washable filters are the best for Flow and filtration. But everyone wants noise, or turbo noise, we'll nothing you'll do will give you more turbo spool noise, the loudest intakes like mine will only give you the whoosh sound of airflow. It can get really loud, but I rarely hear the chirp of my blades. You can actually hear the turbo through the ccv hose inlet really well but it's strange you cannot hear anything through the intake tube.

Ofishl1

Oct 10, 2015
Truck Year
I geekin out on all this...although I don't know (yet) what "CCV mod" or "CEL" or "SCR delete" means..but I appreciate the extra dialogue and patience for the newbie...I am a sales engineer for in the Aero-Space/ Military/Transportation industries and I am a few days into understanding what it is exactly pulling me around on the road, and you, we seem to be of the same cloth cut when you talk about scrubbing oil deposit and such...I am already thinking at 4000 miles "I have cancer growing in my exhaust system" ...I am interested in a "TUNE" however more interested right now in entry level mods to affect things like soot, oil deposits, longer term maintenance mods that will enhance the life of my system...I would definitely like to increase the mileage after shoving the meat tires under this EcoD...it seems that an intake and a this, and a that all combine to make up a better aspirated / efficient system...I am just trying to figure out which one to start with.....?