• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New Ecodiesel for me! 2016 Big Horn with 82K. Bought it to move stuff around the country.

DaveM

Oct 4, 2021
Truck Year
Bought it to move stuff around the country. First trip to Phx with car hauler trailer and 73 Jeep Commando successful. 20 mpg loaded and 27 mpg empty on the way home to S Utah! Amazed at the power and smooth operation. love my new truck but then the dreaded recall on EGR cooler.......Dealer says 18 months to get parts??Should I be regrettting my purchase already?? This truck needs to move me and all my worldly possesions 2000 miles with a loaded #5000 trailer next spring. Watching coolant level but not enough data yet. Checked it hot the first time and then again today cold. Will keep checking. Should I double up on anxiety pills and make the trip next spring or spring for lots of $$ and have BPD EGR cooler installed?? Thanks in advance for any replies or suggestions...1.jpg

DaveM

Oct 4, 2021
Truck Year
Called another dealer in Las Vegas and woman in service said she can get me an EGR Cooler in 3 months. Told her to go for it!
$1900 for BPD Cooler install in Mesa, AZ.
Maybe I can get some tires with $$ I save???