• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New EcoDiesel owner and site member

abracadaver

Mar 18, 2020
Truck Year
Hi folks,

Just picked up a really nice clean 2016 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel w/ 19k and an unlimited mileage powertrain warranty. That said, the best warranty is the one you never have to use, so I'm just curious for some feedback here from EcoDiesel owners.... what improvements do these EcoDiesels need to best ensure long troublefree operation? Please spare me the "buy a cummins, duramax, etc blah blah". This is the truck I have, and it is the truck I would ideally like to keep as long as possible, so please .... be constructive :)

pcatoe

Nov 28, 2019
Truck Year
Hi folks,

Just picked up a really nice clean 2016 Ram 1500 EcoDiesel w/ 19k and an unlimited mileage powertrain warranty. That said, the best warranty is the one you never have to use, so I'm just curious for some feedback here from EcoDiesel owners.... what improvements do these EcoDiesels need to best ensure long troublefree operation? Please spare me the "buy a cummins, duramax, etc blah blah". This is the truck I have, and it is the truck I would ideally like to keep as long as possible, so please .... be constructive :)
In my opinion I would delete the truck as soon as possible... but understand this will most likely void parts of not all of your warranty. I took this same route choose to delete over keeping warranty. I am in the early days of having it deleted and I’m telling it’s the best money I have spent to date on any vehicle. Search around on this forum you will find a lot of the problems with the truck are EGR/emissions related. Lots of people on here have deleted and never turned back.