• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New Ecodiesel Owner

Kenny P

Apr 2, 2024
Truck Year
I’ve had my ecodiesel since Dec 2022. Roughly 20,500 miles on it. Yesterday I was pulling our camper, 2022 Forest River East to West KRB2600, down to the beach when the engine downshifted to climb a hill when my wife and I heard a loud noise like a vehicle backfiring. Immediately, the truck slows down and then I got a Vehicle Electronic Throttle control sensor error and the anti sway function fault along with the service engine light.

We limped it home but couldn’t get over 55 mph and it definitely did not run the same. I’ve read several post and haven’t heard of anything like this.

Anybody heard of anything similar to this and what could be wrong?

Kenny P

Apr 2, 2024
Truck Year
I’ve had my ecodiesel since Dec 2022. Roughly 20,500 miles on it. Yesterday I was pulling our camper, 2022 Forest River East to West KRB2600, down to the beach when the engine downshifted to climb a hill when my wife and I heard a loud noise like a vehicle backfiring. Immediately, the truck slows down and then I got a Vehicle Electronic Throttle control sensor error and the anti sway function fault along with the service engine light.

We limped it home but couldn’t get over 55 mph and it definitely did not run the same. I’ve read several post and haven’t heard of anything like this.

Anybody heard of anything similar to this and what could be wrong?
An update- brought it to my dealer this morning and they found one of the turbo hose clamps busted.IMG_4126.jpeg

Ramsey#1

Aug 12, 2021
Truck Year
Thanks for the info. That’s actually good news for a quick easy repair.

Ramsey#1

Aug 12, 2021
Truck Year
If you haven’t done so already a set of air bags in the rear springs really helps when you’re towing. I have a 2017 with 95,000 and we pull a 2013 22’ Forest River all the time and it does a great job 👏

Kenny P

Apr 2, 2024
Truck Year
Yep. They had to order the tube due to the clamp being molded into the tube assembly but I’m back to normal driving.

Kenny P

Apr 2, 2024
Truck Year
If you haven’t done so already a set of air bags in the rear springs really helps when you’re towing. I have a 2017 with 95,000 and we pull a 2013 22’ Forest River all the time and it does a great job 👏
Thanks for the advice. I’ve actually already done that with the pump and controls/gauge mounted under the rear seat.

A question for you Ramsey#1, do you get much sway pulling your camper? It doesn’t matter how different I load ours, we still seem to be fishtailing a lot. Some have said I need a heavier vehicle.

John Jensen

Mar 22, 2016
Truck Year
A question for you Ramsey#1, do you get much sway pulling your camper? It doesn’t matter how different I load ours, we still seem to be fishtailing a lot. Some have said I need a heavier vehicle.
Are you using a WDH?
If you aren't, you should, if you are it probably isn't set properly

Ramsey#1

Aug 12, 2021
Truck Year
Thanks for the advice. I’ve actually already done that with the pump and controls/gauge mounted under the rear seat.

Kenny P

Apr 2, 2024
Truck Year
Are you using a WDH?
If you aren't, you should, if you are it probably isn't set properly
WDH? What does this stand for? Apparently I’m not though. Supposedly my truck is supposed to help with the swaying by an anti swaying system but I couldn’t tell if it’s doing what it’s supposed to.

Kenny P

Apr 2, 2024
Truck Year
WDH? What does this stand for? Apparently I’m not though. Supposedly my truck is supposed to help with the swaying by an anti swaying system but I couldn’t tell if it’s doing what it’s supposed to.
FYI, I’m new to camping and diesels…even though I’m near my mid sixties.

Ramsey#1

Aug 12, 2021
Truck Year
Ok your trailer has 660lbs of tongue weight and is about 6000lbs empty that’s pretty heavy. Keep in mind you can only carry about another 700 pounds or so without being at your maximum capacity.

Ramsey#1

Aug 12, 2021
Truck Year
Also do you have the trailer package on your truck? And what gear ratio do you have 3.55or3.92?

Kenny P

Apr 2, 2024
Truck Year
My sway control is supposed to be built in my hitch. I’ve had this adjusted so tight that the camping people said I would ruin the brake on the hitch. But even then it didn’t help.
Ok your trailer has 660lbs of tongue weight and is about 6000lbs empty that’s pretty heavy. Keep in mind you can only carry about another 700 pounds or so without being at your maximum capacity.
thats what I thought too, but the dealership, the camper place and some info on the web (gotta be true) said it was around 12,500 so my camper would be no problem…

Ramsey#1

Aug 12, 2021
Truck Year
My sway control is supposed to be built in my hitch. I’ve had this adjusted so tight that the camping people said I would ruin the brake on the hitch. But even then it didn’t help.

thats what I thought too, but the dealership, the camper place and some info on the web (gotta be true) said it was around 12,500 so my camper would be no problem…
That’s supposed to be the maximum so be careful what you load in your trailer. Keep it evenly spread and travel with minimal water and fill up the water at your destination.