• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New Engine MPG

Rick971

Mar 21, 2022
Truck Year
Just wondering if anyone has had the same issue?
My 2017 ED motor blew up at 85k
I only had the truck 5 weeksas I purchased it 3/14/2022 as second owner, luckly I purchased the exrended warranty that the dealer forces on you. Anyway they replaced the engine and I have put on about 12k since I got it back.
My question is I am averaging around 18 mpg around town and 22 mpg on the highway. with my original motor I was get 23-24 around town and 27 on the highway.
Any thoughts?
Thanks

basedaf

Feb 10, 2023
Truck Year
Just wondering if anyone has had the same issue?
My 2017 ED motor blew up at 85k
I only had the truck 5 weeksas I purchased it 3/14/2022 as second owner, luckly I purchased the exrended warranty that the dealer forces on you. Anyway they replaced the engine and I have put on about 12k since I got it back.
My question is I am averaging around 18 mpg around town and 22 mpg on the highway. with my original motor I was get 23-24 around town and 27 on the highway.
Any thoughts?
Thanks
In my general experience with motors, I've had motors take up to 25k miles to reach their full potential for fuel efficiency. Was it an actual Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep dealer that did the install? If so they probably did some software updates which I've read have had major negative effects of efficiency. And the only fix for that is a tune and deletes or finding an old used ECM that hasn't been updated.

Rick971

Mar 21, 2022
Truck Year
In my general experience with motors, I've had motors take up to 25k miles to reach their full potential for fuel efficiency. Was it an actual Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep dealer that did the install? If so they probably did some software updates which I've read have had major negative effects of efficiency. And the only fix for that is a tune and deletes or finding an old used ECM that hasn't been updated.
Thanks, the dealership that did it has a Ram dealership also but they're all independent so the one that I purchased from did the replacement, they were awesome to work with. I was told 6 to 8 months before they'd get a engine for me but after 9 weeks their Ram dealership got a new engine for a truck that was at their shop but they own that truck so the GM told them to give it to me. I was totally impressed with the Quality of this company.
I've got 100k warranty but a tune would void that warranty I was told.

Frank246

Feb 20, 2019
Truck Year
I had my engine replaced 1200 miles ago. Previously my MPG on the highway at 65mph was 29-30. With the new engine, right out of the shute, it is getting 32-34 on the same roads at the same speed.
I have a Larime 4x4 with a 3.55 rearend.

Rick971

Mar 21, 2022
Truck Year
I had my engine replaced 1200 miles ago. Previously my MPG on the highway at 65mph was 29-30. With the new engine, right out of the shute, it is getting 32-34 on the same roads at the same speed.
I have a Larime 4x4 with a 3.55 rearend.
Exactly what I have, cant figure it out.