• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New engine warranty??

Msouther

Mar 15, 2023
Truck Year
Hi everybody, I‘m one of those poor souls that paid an enormous amount of money to have a new eco engine put in my truck after the first one catastrophically failed at 140k. What I’m trying to figure out now is what the warranty on the new engine is. The dealership said 2y/unlimited mileage, but when I asked to get that in writing, they printed out a page from the Mopar Parts and Accessories warranty document that pretty clearly says 3y/100k. I’ve called FCA 6 times now, Mopar Parts Connect twice, and still no answer. The FCA Customer Care runaround is so bad it’s hilarious.
I‘ve seen on this forum several references to the 3y/100k warranty, so I‘m wondering if that’s correct and the dealership is incorrect, which wouldn’t surprise me.
thanks,
Matt

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Whatever the warranty Time/Mileage sell it just before the warranty expires ? and get the GDE tune and a steady diet of OA trends. and maybe it's worth keeping.

DATA

Jul 8, 2021
Truck Year
Whatever the warranty Time/Mileage sell it just before the warranty expires ? and get the GDE tune and a steady diet of OA trends. and maybe it's worth keeping.
Do you think getting rid of the EGR is the most important thing for longevity?

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
YES for the VM 3.0....other DSL's NO. but you can surely buy a Tune that greatly reduces Soot intake, get GDE info on soot intake.

Frank246

Feb 20, 2019
Truck Year
I understand your confusion. Had a new engine installed also. Service advisor said he wasn't sure there was ANY warranty past the original 100K. I pushed back and he talked to the parts manager who said it was a 2 year/36K warranty, BUT gave the service advisor a flyer to show me.
YUP!!!! The flyer says 3 yr/100K mile warranty on all replacement engines!! Showed the service advisor where it said that, guessing he couldn't read, and he was infact surprised. Took it to the parts manager who was surprised.

Kept the flyer with the service record of the installation and will fight it to the end if need be. Just hope there is no "need be"!:eek:

Msouther

Mar 15, 2023
Truck Year
That’s exactly my experience almost word for word, only I can add 6 different people at FCA/Mopar who also didn’t know and couldn’t verify the information on their own document. They kept referring me back to the dealer, who also doesn’t know. It’s laughable.