• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New gde tune

Robsand9

Mar 11, 2020
Truck Year
my install was flawless, My truck is a 2015 and when I bought it had the V08 and I had the VA7 done with the new EGR Cooler so I never experienced how the truck drove originally. All I can say is it feels like a totally different truck and that I am really happy with the GDE Tune. The wife even noticed a huge difference in how the truck drives and that is saying a lot hahahha.

jsasada81

Apr 5, 2020
Truck Year
Ok friends. My new GDE emissions compliant tune is installed. Initial thoughts are very positive. Installation is very simple and straightforward. The instructions are spot on.

I immediately noticed the following:
  • Engine seems quieter
  • Shifts are much quicker
  • Holds 8th gear wayyyyy better
  • Dead pedal feel is gone
  • Lag is gone
I am leaving for a 1,600 mile trip tomorrow. I will report back with a more detailed post. This will be a great test for the new tune.

Thanks GDE for what you guys are doing.

Returned from my trip last night. Truck ran great. I was pulling 5,000lbs from FL to WV and back. (Family ATV trip to Hatfield & McCoy Trails)
Total hand calculated MPG for trip was: 17.1 (EVIC showed 17.9)

It is my opinion that Tow/haul mode was a must for this weight. Shift points are spot on.

No complaints at this point in time.

bherde

Jul 8, 2020
Truck Year
Would be interested in some unloaded MPG numbers when you get them.

jsasada81

Apr 5, 2020
Truck Year
I almost never run unloaded. My daily driver is a VW Jetta TDI. The Ram is my weekend vehicle and is always pulling some type of trailer. If I ever burn through a full tank while unloaded, I will definately post.

bherde

Jul 8, 2020
Truck Year
Thanks. By coincidence I am in the process of rebuilding my 62 jeep truck with a Jetta TDI. Small world!

ingenthronc

Jul 22, 2020
Truck Year
Just purchased mine today so we will see how this goes. Hopefully it will fix the lag at start-up and pedal response.

ingenthronc

Jul 22, 2020
Truck Year
It fixed my lag and I am getting 2 to 3 mpg better on my 75 mile round trip daily commute
Awesome, Im ready to try it out. I love everything else about the truck just hate that lag.

Mac

Jun 13, 2020
Truck Year
Holy regen! Since i have had the gde tune i am surprised how often i am going through regen cycles. I have had one a week so far, about 100 miles apart. How often are these supposed to happen? I just had the egr recall done too, would that impact the regen frequency?

Brady

Jun 7, 2015
Truck Year
You can thank the EPA for those frequent regenerations of the DPF.

Reactions: Mac

Green Diesel

Nov 17, 2015
Truck Year
Even with the new gde tune? Is that the epa compliant part coming through?
Factory tune does a regen every 50-150 miles depending on drive cycle. What is your drive cycle like? If all city, then it will regen about every 100-230 miles with GDE tune. The driving style makes a big difference. It is not much different than our old tune, maybe you want to eliminate the regen message?

Mac

Jun 13, 2020
Truck Year
I try to use the Prius for City driving, but it still happens in the truck. That is probably it. Again, I've only had the truck for a month so I will keep monitoring it

jsasada81

Apr 5, 2020
Truck Year
Would be interested in some unloaded MPG numbers when you get them.

I was interested too. So I used my truck as my DD all last week.
477.7 miles @ 22.631 gallons = 21.1 MPG. This was a pretty even split between city/hwy driving
EVIC was slightly off and displayed 22.5 for that tank.

Mac

Jun 13, 2020
Truck Year
If and when Covid quarantining is ever over, the truck will be my DD also. 12 miles each way, half on the freeway, half on 45 mph roads with lights.

ingenthronc

Jul 22, 2020
Truck Year
I put the new tune in earlier this week. First impressions is all good. I did have to reset the transmission setting because it was shifting very hard at first, but since I did the reset it just keeps getting better the more I drive.

tune was super easy to install and it’s really nice how easy it is to flash back and forth from stock to GDE.

the lag on start up is pretty much gone and it shifts so much faster through 1st and 2nd. Also you can actually hear the turbo now like a normal diesel. I was running a pedal commander before this and I’m returning it. No need for it after this tune. So much better pedal response. I also just cleaned my map sensor and egr tube so I’m interested in how that may change with this tune.
I’m not seeing much of a difference in mpg yet but I really haven’t driven much since I did the tune

excited to go on a long drive or tow something now.

Mikeisty

May 27, 2020
Truck Year
Thinking about getting this tune for my truck. Can anyone confirm that the oil is cleaner after the tune?

lowcountryreddirt

May 27, 2020
Truck Year
Thinking about getting this tune for my truck. Can anyone confirm that the oil is cleaner after the tune?
I'm due for an oil change in about 1k miles and can let you know then. But after about 4 months of having the tune, it's been awesome. Truck is fun to drive and I'm getting about 22mpgs on my 50 mile daily commute (90% interstate).

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
If the tune has any effect the oil will stay Brown/Green color for 1000s of miles, if Not it will be black within 100 Miles or less.

It will take OA trends to determine the lube effect by tuning, I would get it just for the additional HP, and My guess most of the HP gain is RP with better mapping of US-Micro....I ran a pressure Box on My ED for 3.8 Years with no ill-effect on the DL ,Engine/Trans.