• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

new guy, gde tune problems

weavetr2000

Mar 29, 2019
Truck Year
hello!
so i have a 2015 ed and bought and received the ecm today. Im on a stretch being the weekend for help. I installed the tune and the truck read off serveral messages. air ride system needs service. trailer brake needs service, radio locked out, airbag sys needs service. and the worst part the truck fired up and instant died 3 times, and now wont start. i put the stock ecm back in and radio is still locked out and airbag light is still on......any Ideas!!! I already emailed gde but like I said its Friday night on the west coast here.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Check the wiring harness connectors and make sure it's clamped in place.

weavetr2000

Mar 29, 2019
Truck Year
Dang forgot to mention that I saw an old post yesterday from here and tried that ...not it but thank you for the fast reply.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome! Like mentioned, it sounds like the ECM connections isn't seated correctly. I would unplug it again and be sure nothing is bent up and everything lines up properly.

Otherwise, it could be a faulty ECM/Tune. It's possible!

weavetr2000

Mar 29, 2019
Truck Year
so an update, removed the negative and positive battery cables, zip tied the cables together and stepped on brake peddle. reconnected the battery radio works, air bag light is off, all operating normal now with stock ecm. thought Id give it a try and reinstall gde ecm with the same process and still had the same results as last time with the gde ecm. reinstalled stock ecm and battery process.....all lights off good to go. Im working with support for gde. thanks you all for the possible quick fixes. will up date.