• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New here, just purchased a 2015 Ram Ecodiesel.

rsgarber01

Sep 14, 2020
Truck Year
I picked the truck up Friday September 11th in Sioux Falls, SD and drove it 4 hours home and liked the drive. Sunday morning I got up to drive it to the airport as I travel for work and I got the Service Electronic Throttle Control message. Really never saw this when I was reviewing the truck till I looked on this site. The truck has EGR and DEF Delete already so was shocked this would come up, well I was until I got on here and looked around. Any ideas on what I might try when I get back home to her? Should I have purchased one with the HEMI instead? Thanks for the help and replies!
IMG_1117.jpg

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
Welcome!

Did your check engine light come on?

Did you happen to have your foot on the brake along with the gas pedal? That can cause this error also.

If it’s been deleted it could be something simple like the map sensor possibly needing cleaned Or a loose connection but without a code it’s kind of a guessing game.

rsgarber01

Sep 14, 2020
Truck Year
Thanks for the reply. I read about having foot on brake and gas pedal which I hadn’t done. I was wondering about the MAP sensor after reading some more. Thanks again

Tremper126

Staff member
Feb 15, 2019
Truck Year
No problem keep us posted with what you find and if you have any more questions!

ramski33

Aug 19, 2020
Truck Year
I just bought a 2015 as well. So far I like it. Only code I had was oil temp sensor. Replaced it...kinda simple job hope to get many miles out of her.......

rsgarber01

Sep 14, 2020
Truck Year
Thanks everyone! I got back to the airport today and took the truck by a Ram dealer. Said he could not read any codes since it has all of the stuff deleted off of it. EGR, DPF and DEL, is this common. The guy that sold it said he was going to send me the tuner, says that when I take it in to have codes read to tell them not to flash it because it has been tuned. Still no luck with the Service Electronic Throttle Control. Wondering that since all the stuff has been deleted, could it be the accelerator pedal or probably not? Thanks again!

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
should not of happened with a deleted truck find out who tune is being used