• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New, MC1950

MWC1950

May 1, 2021
Truck Year
Bought my 2016 new. Driven 78K with no issues. Loned it to a friend and he gassed it up, literally. It was driven about 60 miles on gas. I know I need a pump and injectors. Looking for advice on what else to have on hand before I start. Do I need to replace the injector lines? Appreciate any knowledgeable help I can get!

MWC1950

May 1, 2021
Truck Year
I'd give the bill to your "friend".
He is a good man with good intentions and he has offered to foot the bill. I'm trying to reduce the cost as much as I can by learning from those that have experience. Not really looking for relationship counseling but thank you for being the first to respond.

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
I'm glad he's offered to foot the bill, I hate borrowing ANYTHING! On a lighter note, I've found myself with the gas nozzle in my diesel twice, the only thing that saved me was the fact that I'd pushed the diesel fuel button & it wouldn't move product! I certain wish you the best on getting it done and wish you luck with the cost.

1shadowsabre

Oct 18, 2015
Truck Year
I would think the whole fuel system would be contaminated. I remember being in a reputable shop one time listening the service advisor tell a poor guy that the power steering fluid he accidentally filled the brake reservoir with probably ruined everything. I am sure you have been scouring the internet for info but here is some reading anyway. Best of luck in your situation and keep us posted!

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
Bought my 2016 new. Driven 78K with no issues. Loned it to a friend and he gassed it up, literally. It was driven about 60 miles on gas. I know I need a pump and injectors. Looking for advice on what else to have on hand before I start. Do I need to replace the injector lines? Appreciate any knowledgeable help I can get!
I recall seeing some used parts in one of the forums, I think there was a CP4 pump and injectors & a few other parts, I wish I could remember, but then again I don't know if you'd want used parts. I also want to apologize for sounding kind of snarky, all too often people would not say anything when they've messed up, I've had it happen to me, and will personally accept it if I borrow something & screw it up, I have 2 good friends that have heavy equipment/tractors that they will loan me, and they know full well that I will take care of it & fix it if I break it. I agree with 1shadow, but I would pull the CP4 & see how it looks, that being said, it's probably better in the long run to make sure, this is an expensive repair any way you tackle it. Also the factory manual is available on one of the forums as a free download it's very comprehensive and also very redundant.

MWC1950

May 1, 2021
Truck Year
Thanks Caveman and 1Shadowsabre, I dropped the tank and cleaned it. Tried to replace the fuel pump but couldn't find one so I flushed the lines and put a new filter and put it back together. I'll just leave it empty while looking for parts. Didn't realize they would be so hard to find. Based on what I have read the injectors and injector pump are going to fail. Thanks for the information on the manual, I will go find it. I love a good book.

CAVEMANN

Jan 5, 2020
Truck Year
You can check IDparts .com, I think they're geared more towards CUMMINS, but I buy my oil filters there. Check AMAZON TOO, I found a carburetor for my Yamaha ATV there.