• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New member here

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
welcome 2 the group. doesn't almost every one have issues with this truck. what r ur issues?

Holymoly

Oct 25, 2019
Truck Year
Because I purchased it in September 2016.
3 year 36000 has expired because it's over three years. That what dealer said. Egr sooted badly and egr cooler leaking. I made a post in ecodiesel talk section as well. It is a babied truck

Will_CathVT

Jul 9, 2019
Truck Year
I purchased a certified used 2016, came with the update. I've had a few issues, all covered by the extended warranty including a loaner. I'm very happy with my ECO. Good luck!

Holymoly

Oct 25, 2019
Truck Year
Thanks for the reply!
That's good to hear you have been taken care of.
I know how the system is made to operate and there is a problem. I just didnt know it at the time I purchased it.
If I could do it again, I'd go for the 5.7 gas.
I can work on it in 10 or 15 years if I needed. Since I keep them 20 years, I was out of touch with the current technology.
I assumed it was a proven system since it was being raved about.
A positive response is very welcomed
Thanks

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
The 3.0 does well in Hwy use , its suffer greatly in DD use. with the 2014-19 engine out of production the down time in many cases is goona by Days into Weeks, Weeks into months.

The Engine is produce in Cento Italy by VM Motori.

Holymoly

Oct 25, 2019
Truck Year
Hi TC
I spoke with you about my truck.
Yesterday fca offered to pay for the cooler leak repair and my part is $700.00
I've been all over the place in my mind trying to decide what to do. I have just decided to take the best offer and move on.
Funny thing is if you do a search of the most reliable truck made...the ram with ecodiesel wins hands down! I guess it's just like politics in America these days. We've lost our way and there's no looking back.
If this many people can have the same related issue and it's rated number one. Holy Moly Man.
It's not my first new truck but it's my first new one that I have seen sooo many owners have the same issue.
Mint 2016 limited ecodiesel 20k miles for sale 35k. Flash not done and supposedly slight cooler leak soon to be replaced