• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New member tonight.

hroediger

Oct 25, 2019
Truck Year
Hi everyone. I have a 2015 ecodiesel with 55,000 miles. Had the recall done about a month ago. Serious turbo lag when cold and about 20 per cent down on mileage. Dealer says they are looking for a fix but nothing yet. Used to be a great truck. New models with same engine appear to be great for some reason.

carlhenry

Nov 21, 2018
Truck Year
Not Listed
welcome 2 the group some of the trucks r great some r pieces of junk more junk than good ones I guess it is the luck of the draw

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
IMO and Guess the 2020 VM3.0 is not going to fare any better then the 2014-19

SouthernWolf

Oct 29, 2019
Truck Year
Hello to Everyone, I'm new to the forum, but I was thinking it's possibly more about the tune, the ECM, and who did the update, how good their internet connection was/is ECT... The ECM's are updated via an internet connection. My understanding is, the Dealers do not have the file on hand, they download it for each individual vehicle, so if there's the slightest corruption while downloading of the packets, everything gets messed up.

My economy dropped more than most have reported after that EPA update. Backwoods dealer with bad phones systems so you know their internet is likely to stink as well. Just sayin. I'm going to ask another dealer if they might try the update again. A 4.5 - 5.5 mpg drop is a lot to loose and I also have that throttle response lag that only developed after the update.

SouthernWolf

Oct 29, 2019
Truck Year
Hi everyone. I have a 2015 ecodiesel with 55,000 miles. Had the recall done about a month ago. Serious turbo lag when cold and about 20 per cent down on mileage. Dealer says they are looking for a fix but nothing yet. Used to be a great truck. New models with same engine appear to be great for some reason.
I've done some inquires and it seems the dealers do not have the update files on hand and have to download the updates for every vehicle. Having said that, when downloading a (program, app, update), (it all the same - just different names) if the dealer has a low to mediocre internet connection with lots of static you may simply have a or a series of corrupt command lines. See if your dealer or another dealer will perform the update again on a better internet connection. In the digital world, corruption vs no corruption is key to a good downloads. Period!
I honestly think the dealers internet connection is a primary root case of many the problems Ecodiesel owners have experienced after that EPA update.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Southernwolf, No the software cannot be corrupted, if for any reason the download is flawed it will stop. and fall back on previous Version.

I have the same tools as any Dealer, The Setup of WITECH 2.0 and the MIC II is costly and very time consuming.

Also you need authentication from 3 difference sources, Tech Authority, Authenticator, And WITECH Acc Mgnt.

Your Acc and MIC II is Licensed and Approved, If for any reason the Network does NOT meet the Requirements its dropped.

John

Nov 13, 2015
I've done some inquires and it seems the dealers do not have the update files on hand and have to download the updates for every vehicle. Having said that, when downloading a (program, app, update), (it all the same - just different names) if the dealer has a low to mediocre internet connection with lots of static you may simply have a or a series of corrupt command lines. See if your dealer or another dealer will perform the update again on a better internet connection. In the digital world, corruption vs no corruption is key to a good downloads. Period!
I honestly think the dealers internet connection is a primary root case of many the problems Ecodiesel owners have experienced after that EPA update.
The update will either complete or fail. If it fails you will retain your original software.