• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New Member with Code P0471 Exhaust Pressure Sensor Range/Performance CEL

STOL1

Mar 23, 2020
Truck Year
Hello everyone - new member here. I have a 2017 Ecodiesel pickup with a 37k+ miles. Had Check Engine Light come on a couple of days ago with a P0471 Exhaust Pressure Sensor Range/Performance code. Has anyone had this issue before? If so, what was involved in fixing issue and possibly preventing its return in the future?

Your insight is appreciated!

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome! Unfortunately, I can't find anyone else that's posted about that code here. I would almost bet though you have a bad sensor that will need to be replaced. I'll move this into the engine section so hopefully it might catch someones eye there.

STOL1

Mar 23, 2020
Truck Year
Okay - I did a key word search and only got a hit to a reference of what each OBD code meant. Do I need to do a key word search within each forum?

Thanks for the help! Still finding my way around the site.

John

Nov 13, 2015
Your search yielded results from all sections. I haven't seen that code before.

STOL1

Mar 23, 2020
Truck Year
UPDATE: Drove to auto parts store to purchase some Hot Shot's Secret diesel fuel additive (as a WAG troubleshooting tactic). Check engine light cleared when I started engine to leave store (per Murphy's Law).

It appears that Cummins engines in Ram trucks will occasionally get the P0471 code when the Exhaust Pressure Sensor / Port / Tube get clogged with exhaust soot. I'm guessing that I may have a similar issue with my pickup but I haven't found much info online yet about this issue on Ecodiesels. I don't even know where the sensor is on the Ecodiesel engines. On at least some of the Cummins engines the sensor is apparently very easy to get to if you know where to look.