• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New owner

James ray

Feb 10, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
Hi I am new to the diesel world but so far am enjoying my 2018 ecodiesel. Less than a thousand miles on it. Any tips on oil quality or aftermarket parts would be appreciated! Love the truck so far and can’t wait to pull my trailer camping! Thanks for having me.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome James!

Check out our maintenance section, we've got plenty of good info around oils and other peoples experiences:

cs in Alabama

Feb 21, 2019
Truck Year
Get the GDE tune and stop the EGR from trashing your engine. Then just use a good 5W40 CJ-4 oil and you should be set for miles and miles.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
CS, 2018 has SGM, I hate the EGR setup on the 3.0VM and its choke this engine to its death.

Regardless of what GDE advertises they cannot avoid detection in 2018+ FCA vehicles.

You can bypass the module but its integrated into the Vehicle so any tempering will be detected. Plus rumor has it FCA has detection software loaded in 2017-18 Vehicles.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
  1. The scan tool manufacturer must be a licensee of FCA’s scan tool data.
  2. The scan tool must be capable of connecting to the tool's manufacturer server to be able to request and receive the unlock key from FCA.
  3. A live internet connection must be maintained to the tool as it is connected to the vehicle in order to complete the unlock process of the SGW for that particular diagnostic session.
  4. If the diagnostic session is terminated or dropped, the full process must be repeated.
  5. The user of the tool and shop owner/administrator must register and provide a credit card to the FCA facilitator and pay a yearly fee.
  6. Every tool that needs access to unlock keys will have to be registered with FCA.
  7. You will need to have the FCA dealer tool, wiTECH2 and a license with FCA, along with a live internet connection to the FCA server.
This is only a portion of what needs to be done........

WITech 2.0 is available , but you will need to pay Okta/FCA/Tech blood $$$$$

__
Greetings Todd (NASTF ID XXXXX):

On June 11th NASTF had to shut down almost 1300 Vehicle Security professional accounts for sharing their credentials. This was happening inside businesses as well as with code brokers such as auto code who have told our VSPs that they are approved by NASTF and automakers. This could not be further from the truth.

One month later we have received and reviewed thousands of positive ID forms and found a distressing number of those, let’s just say most, that are not filled out completely. We suspended over 200 of these for a longer period of time to offer some training on how and why these forms need to be completed accurately.

Last edited:

James ray

Feb 10, 2019
Truck Year
Not Listed
CS, 2018 has SGM, I hate the EGR setup on the 3.0VM and its choke this engine to its death.

Regardless of what GDE advertises they cannot avoid detection in 2018+ FCA vehicles.

You can bypass the module but its integrated into the Vehicle so any tempering will be detected. Plus rumor has it FCA has detection software loaded in 2017-18 Vehicles.
So modifying the tune will be detected by fax and warranty would be canceled. I also took the extended warranty out to 75000 miles.

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
If? they decide to Investigate.

I composed this a few years back .

Maybe I can clear this UP, GM All makers Must meet the certification REQUIRED by Federal Law. The instant YOU delete ON/OFF road use (The only exception to this law is Race or off road competition) GM or your Dealer cannot (legally) even repair the Vehicle if it has State Plates.
Enforcement is the issue, Many times action is NOT taken when the warranty is voided, This is the parties involved discretion, MAKE NO mistake YOUR warranty is voided the instant you make defeat or delete steps to any component that’s needed to meet the certification.
Enforcement is the major part of any Law, if No enforcement then it’s a statement, if the parties involved decided to enforce the law it is now binding and absolute.

Your warranty cannot be Voided on all component's that have NO bridge or connection, Example NEW radio cannot void suspension components, but it sure can void ALL electronic communications. Enforcement is the key Part of any law or warranty. When disagreements arise, they are generally decided By arbitration or Judge.