• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New recall for EGR and Fire risk

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Insurance companies now ammunition against Fiat, and the owners that had to pay their DED may win in Court.

IMO, its not the coolant leak causing fires it the EGR / Plenum Combo.

Check out this link http://www.reifire.net/text/ethylene.pdf

TC Diesel

Jul 14, 2016
Truck Year
Verndiesel fire was relate to the Location behind engine back by the Turbo....

Holymoly

Oct 25, 2019
Truck Year
Fca, told me Friday they would help me pay for a new egr cooler. My cost would be $700 . 30 days out of warranty and 20k mi.
Looks like I have a phone call to make tomorrow

Holymoly

Oct 25, 2019
Truck Year
Tc
I just spoke to fca
They said the cooler is no charge now since it's on a recall.
They told me they wouldn't help me anymore unless I get the flash.
Isn't there a certain amount of time to get the flash?
Considering I have 20k mi and I took it in last december for poor mileage and lag is there something that they may be concerned that I may do in regards to the lemon law, in your opinion.
I asked them what I could do to stop the soot. He said I should change my driving habits as required!
I asked as required by who and where is it written on the vehicle sticker etc that it must be driven a certain way. He said he would have to get back to me tomorrow in regards to my question

John

Nov 13, 2015
Tc
I just spoke to fca
They said the cooler is no charge now since it's on a recall.
They told me they wouldn't help me anymore unless I get the flash.
Isn't there a certain amount of time to get the flash?
Considering I have 20k mi and I took it in last december for poor mileage and lag is there something that they may be concerned that I may do in regards to the lemon law, in your opinion.
I asked them what I could do to stop the soot. He said I should change my driving habits as required!
I asked as required by who and where is it written on the vehicle sticker etc that it must be driven a certain way. He said he would have to get back to me tomorrow in regards to my question
The flash is not mandatory unless you live in CA. They can't hold you hostage.

Holymoly

Oct 25, 2019
Truck Year
Right! That's what I'm thinking.
I believe they think I'm going to file a lemon law case as a non conforming issue.
Can somebody read the reasons to file lemon in Arkansas and give me their opinion on the matter.
As I read it, I must return the truck 3 or 4 times for the same issue and it not be fixed before i can file lemon law.....OR I can file for lemon law based on a non conforming issue that can't be fixed or is non conforming to the operation of the vehicle being operable as sold new.
Arkansas lemon law us only around 10 paragraphs

Holymoly

Oct 25, 2019
Truck Year
Arkansas lemon law is 24 months or 24000 miles whichever comes later.
I'm at 20600mi