• Welcome to EcoDieselRam.com We see you haven't REGISTERED yet.

Your truck knowledge is missing!
    • Registration is FREE , all we need is your birthday and email. (We don't share ANY data with ANYONE)
    • We have tons of knowledge here for your EcoDiesel truck!
    • Post your own topics and reply to existing threads to help others out!
    • We believe in quality OVER quantity, and a family friendly place for your #EcoDiesel home!
    CLICK HERE TO REGISTER! Problems registering? Click here to contact us!

Already registered, but need a PASSWORD RESET? CLICK HERE TO RESET YOUR PASSWORD!

New to diesel trucks.

Stuart Liddle

Jan 3, 2018
Truck Year
Hi all,
I'm new to this and picked up a 2014 eco diesel this summer.
I'm learning the hard way about these trucks. I say this since i waited until recently to find out how the truck handles in below 0 weather. So far i know it needs the block heater cord installed witch i did the other night in the hotel parking lot, since i got the truck used i did not get the Bra for the front so that i still need to get and install.
If anyone has any hints or tricks for running the truck in below 0 weather please let me know.
I do have the message to service the throttle control that came on this morning on my way to work.

BoostN

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 27, 2013
Truck Year
Not Listed
Welcome Stuart! The throttle control message is common unfortunately. It you can read the codes that will help us help you. Most auto parts stores will read the codes for you for free.

I'm not a cold weather driver (TN here), hopefully some of our other cold weather folks will chime in here.

Also, take a look at this thread: https://www.ecodieselram.com/forum/...over-for-colder-climates-with-ecodiesels.521/

Stuart Liddle

Jan 3, 2018
Truck Year